I don't have a history of a lot of UTIs. Over 6 years I've averaged one or two a year. But over the past three months, I've had an ongoing UTI that seems to be driven into remission for as much as a week and a half and as little as three days then the cloudy urine and tiny caths (100ml) return. My latest culture and sensitivity test was taken Thursday and I should get the results on Monday.

Last night this saga entered a new phase. I woke up about 4 a.m. just burning up. Over the years this has happened when I had too much covers. That wasn't the case last night. I took my temperature and it was about 101. I got some relief bye turning down the air conditioning, turning on the ceiling fan and spraying myself with a garden sprayer that I use for exercising in hot environments. In the morning my temperature measured 101.4 and then 101.7.

The on-call urologist suggested that I really didn't want the temperature to go much over 102. So he prescribed Levaquin but suggested that I contact my regular urologist first thing Monday morning. My temperature later this afternoon what was 102. If it follows the same pattern as yesterday. the fever is likely to get worse in the middle of the night.

So how much hotter can I safely tolerate?

And what are viable options to the ER?
Doc in a box?
Expedited admission into the hospital?

Thanks,
Paul

Backstory: I have CLL leukemia. It doesn't affect me much except for fatigue, and I'm told, a weaker immune system.