Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: interesting French manual chair

The fact that the chair back angle can be adjusted while in the chair is huge.
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    The fact that the chair back angle can be adjusted while in the chair is huge.
    My Icon back has a turnbuckle style adjustment that can be reached while seated. I don't use it as much as I thought I would, but it is handy.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    My Icon back has a turnbuckle style adjustment that can be reached while seated. I don't use it as much as I thought I would, but it is handy.
    Which model? I'm about to go with a new back (Ride Design Java) that is high enough that I can feel the top of it. My current back was below my sensation line so I was always hunching forward for fear from not being able to sense the back. My current one is an Icon but had no adjustment capability without Allen wrenches.
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy1 View Post
    You can see them on the first video on the webpage (without even starting the video), although it's not clear exactly how they are attached.
    For clarity, if you open the first and third images in a new tab and expand, the brake attachment can be clearly seen.
    An interesting concept in chair design, although I am not convinced that three wheel stability is all that it could be. With the location of the third wheel,I imagine that reaching forward and down would be an interesting exercise.
    I am thinking of how they might handle where pavement gradient is excessive (often) and in off pavement situations.
    Maybe the chair is more ideal in the flat, level situation?
    Not to mention the extra risks that are presented to feet / lower limbs by the more open exposure .

The COG appears to be quite rearward in all the images. The racing scene in the second image shows an interesting perspective.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by slow_runner; 04-29-2017 at 03:45 PM.

Images suggest that this chair is ideal for use at the beach.
    How did this chair with with this person arrive at this location , perhaps lowered into position by crane?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Which model? I'm about to go with a new back (Ride Design Java) that is high enough that I can feel the top of it. My current back was below my sensation line so I was always hunching forward for fear from not being able to sense the back. My current one is an Icon but had no adjustment capability without Allen wrenches.
    Oh, I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I forgot there was an 'Icon' back product. I was not referring to that, rather the Icon wheelchair. My bad.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

Very interesting chair, kind of reminds me of an Italian made 3 wheeler , except it didn't have the shock and adjustments like this one does. The tabs on those handrims are really wide looking. 3 wheel chairs are awesome, thanks for posting this!

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    Images suggest that this chair is ideal for use at the beach.
    How did this chair with with this person arrive at this location , perhaps lowered into position by crane?
    That's a pretty hard beach. See the wind surfers in the background? They have wheels too.
    Is that sand on her shoes?
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    For clarity, if you open the first and third images in a new tab and expand, the brake attachment can be clearly seen.
    An interesting concept in chair design, although I am not convinced that three wheel stability is all that it could be. With the location of the third wheel,I imagine that reaching forward and down would be an interesting exercise.
    I am thinking of how they might handle where pavement gradient is excessive (often) and in off pavement situations.
    Maybe the chair is more ideal in the flat, level situation?
    Not to mention the extra risks that are presented to feet / lower limbs by the more open exposure .

The COG appears to be quite rearward in all the images. ...
    Yes, the brakes show clearly now, thank you.
    What I do know about three wheelers is that the one I use is very fast. And it is stable. I don't know why, maybe because of the longer wheelbase, but in the years I've used it I've never come close to tipping. Think about three legged stools verses four legged stools, that's all I know.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.