Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: interesting French manual chair

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete

Blog Entries
    Interesting approach. I'd love to put that seat on a regular cantilever frame
    chair.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

VERY interesting.
    I like the quick change 2nd axle receiver. It looks like you can have two cambers/tracks/CGs, one for inside and one for off-road?
    The only thing that is iffy is the seating. I don't see vertical room for a crip-cushion.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Interesting approach. I'd love to put that seat on a regular cantilever frame
    chair.
    Agreed, it looks like it would provide significant support. Is it a sitski seat?
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    The only thing that is iffy is the seating. I don't see vertical room for a crip-cushion.
    I may be wrong, but it looks like he's using a cushion in the video of him getting in/out of the car? (Not a particularly thick cushion admittedly).
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Looks like some competition for Icon perhaps?

I wonder what that pulley/string system under the seat is for?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordy1 View Post
    Agreed, it looks like it would provide significant support. Is it a sitski seat?
    It certainly bears some resemblance. Not precisely like any I've seen but remarkably similar in design and function. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that's what it is.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

I love three wheel chairs mainly because of speed. I'm envious they got their feet above the caster. It looks like they have a special handrim too.
    I don't see the brakes.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

[QUOTE=nonoise;1829893 I don't see the brakes.[/QUOTE]
    You can see them on the first video on the webpage (without even starting the video), although it's not clear exactly how they are attached.

the pulley under the seat allows it to take a higher or lower position. You can lower it for example if you want to go offroad, but you can raise it a lot if you need to work at a desk, or even higher.
    The seat is custom made and molded on your body, so if you want to use a cushion (if I remember well, this guy, Serge -I talked a lot with him at an event- uses a very thin one) it can be done by molding a different seat.
    I didn't try this chair (I think it's more for para's than quad, … unless you configure it a bit different) but I think it's very imaginative and different. For an inside/outside use, the suspension is a plus, the feet position is too high to fit with most tables or desks.
    C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
    my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
    Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.