Thread: Cranberry Pills / Tablets - UTI

Cranberry Pills / Tablets - UTI

Hi Everybody
    Im writing from Mexico so I hope my English is good enough so you can understand this post J

Im having a lot of UTIs so Im looking for something that really helps to prevent them.

I talked with an urologist and he told me the only Cranberry pills that work are Ellure (www.myellure.com) but they are very expensive $45 for 30 pills.

So I want to know what cranberry pills are you taking, and if they work?

This is what I found at myellura.com:
    ?Only ellura has 36 mg PAC in one capsule, the equivalent of up to 257 tablets of other cranberry supplements. Other products list the number of milligrams of cranberry extract ? but do NOT mention PAC, the ingredient that matters. These products mostly contain amounts of PAC that are too small to be effective?

Thanks

I've taken many brands of cranberry pill for many years. In that time I have managed my bladder with condom catheters, intermittent catheterization and now supra pubic catheter. Four months ago, I decided to stop taking any cranberry supplements. I have not noticed any difference, haven't had any urinary tract infections, and I've saved a lot of money. That said, I have continued instilling and retaining (for a short period of time) Microcyn HydroCleanse or MicrocynAH. Right now, I just don't think I need to supplement with cranberry pills.

Have you had urine culture and sensitivities completed with each urinalysis?

If you have E Coli as a bacteria in your urine, then the supplement D-Mannose is good at preventing urinary tract infections, but only if you have E Coli.

Also it is important that you have a good routine bowel program as you will have less of a chance of UTIs as well.

pbr

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amkie View Post
    Hi Everybody
    Im writing from Mexico so I hope my English is good enough so you can understand this post J

Im having a lot of UTIs so Im looking for something that really helps to prevent them.

I talked with an urologist and he told me the only Cranberry pills that work are Ellure (www.myellure.com) but they are very expensive $45 for 30 pills.

So I want to know what cranberry pills are you taking, and if they work?

This is what I found at myellura.com:
    ?Only ellura has 36 mg PAC in one capsule, the equivalent of up to 257 tablets of other cranberry supplements. Other products list the number of milligrams of cranberry extract ? but do NOT mention PAC, the ingredient that matters. These products mostly contain amounts of PAC that are too small to be effective?

Thanks
    I used Oil of Oregano dailey for 9 years and that kept me from getting UTI's but I have added the Ellure in the last yr as I had my first bladder infection in January. I had only used it previously when we travelled because my only symptom when my count is high is to have bladder accidents and I couldn't afford those on the road. Since the UTI in January, I have started taking one Ellure a day, and yes they are expensive. I am willing to say that they do work.

I used to have UTI several times a year. I stopped getting UTI since I started cranberry pills 3 years ago. This is what I take every day.
    https://www.costco.com/.product.1002..._0427_AprilMVM

One or two pills a day depending on whether I drank enough water or got enough sleep the previous day.

The literature will tell you that cranberry pills really don't do anything unless the urine is stored in your bladder for 4 hours or more. That being said, I know a lot of people who swear by them. I do not knock what works for a person. I have not had any experience with specific brands of cranberry pills, so will leave that to the true experts.
    ckf

I have nipped many a UTI in the bud using CranActin by Solaray (400mg capsules).
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Drink more water !