Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: e motion m-11 battery rebuild

e motion m-11 battery rebuild

I have a pair of first generation M-11 alber E motion wheels. As you might guess, the batteries are on their last legs. I am wondering if there is anyone out there who knows how to rebuild these that won't charge and arm and a useless leg. I use the wheels in my lift chair to do small projects around the house. Been getting hard to move the chair because of the loss of power. I am willing to send them to someone who is knowledgeable and capable of rebuilding them and pay for the rebuild, etc.. I am not patient enough or, not educated in arranging the C size batteries in series to do it myself.
    I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

I know a guy that repaired my M15 Batteries - he took them apart - replaced and soldiered some new li-ion batteries...
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Would he be interested in doing mine mac85?

Bigtop1, I have been trying to find someone that would rebuild my M15 batteries so I glad you brought this up. Mac85, the person you had to rebuild your batteries how much did it cost and you that I hold they could charge after the rebuild?
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

cowboysplace,...... I am the one looking to have my batteries rebuilt. Mac85 responded saying that he knows someone who did his. Hopefully, he will be able to remember who did his and, give me and, you a contact number.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtop1 View Post
    cowboysplace,...... I am the one looking to have my batteries rebuilt. Mac85 responded saying that he knows someone who did his. Hopefully, he will be able to remember who did his and, give me and, you a contact number.
    As long as you are staying with the same size and battery chemistry any experienced battery rebuilder should be able to do it.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

well Nonoise, You would think that would be the case. I will give it a try. I expect here in the greater Detroit area that there are a few around. I will do my homework and see if I can't find someone who is good enough to take it on.

My Yamaha batteries for my quickie xtender power assist system are running, get this, $1,400 for one. Several years ago I got 2 for $1,500.

Perhaps I can get a battery rebuilder to do mine.

well Nonoise, You would think that would be the case. I will give it a try. I expect here in the greater Detroit area that there are a few around. I will do my homework and see if I can't find someone who is good enough to take it on.
    It appears you could get it done in France for about $460.00 +. I don't know if it's legal to air mail them back and forth anymore. https://www.batteries4pro.com/en/Mob...heelchair.html That site says the chemistry is NiMh which is getting harder to find as they make heavy and bulky cells.

Edit:
    Air mail should not be a problem since NiMh are not lithium batteries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickel...ydride_battery I'd forgotten about that earlier. Anyway if they are advertising it can be done there, you should be able to use that as leverage here.

Edit 4/28/17: France changed their price since yesterday: copy/paste 352,83 € tax incl. (352,83 € tax excl.) That's $384 US plus shipping etc.
    Last edited by nonoise; 04-28-2017 at 08:47 PM.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboys_Place View Post
    Bigtop1, I have been trying to find someone that would rebuild my M15 batteries so I glad you brought this up. Mac85, the person you had to rebuild your batteries how much did it cost and you that I hold they could charge after the rebuild?
    The rebuilt batteries held charge just like new batteries, I can't remember how much it was since this was about three years ago – I already sold the wheels two years ago

I can call the guy and see if he is still interested in doing it - I remember that he had to buy plenty of 18 650 batteries to rebuild my batteries
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09