Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Off road wheelchair

Off road wheelchair

It's very hard to get around my soft and bumpy yard, not to mention the gravel driveway. So it's time to spend the big bucks and buy a all terrain chair
    Any body have one, and do you like it. Looks like Colours, has the cheapest one, or the a little more expensive Invacare Top end Crossfire. Can't seem to find much else, in a standard configuration type wheelchair. One from Spain that cost a lot.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

TiLite makes one as well, based on their TR.

Look in their Designs Unlimited catalog.

https://permobilus.com/wp-content/up..._Unlimited.pdf

Last edited by pacrossbow; 04-20-2017 at 05:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    I use an Icon with the forks swung forward as a lawn chair. I also use a Freewheel when I want extra ease and stability. A Freewheel attached to an everyday chair is better than a dedicated off-road chair IMO, speaking from experience. Especially if you want to go anywhere with it.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    if you need something just for getting around the yard, get a mobility scooter. that's what I use for all my lawn care and outside work around the house. I use it for the pulling a lawn spreader, weed eating, leaf blowing, spraying for bugs and weeds, picking up sticks, and all kinds of crap. Plus it's good for dog walks.

Hey thanks for the response. Will look into the mobility scooter. Wonder how good they are a bit off road. My lawn sometimes turns into a cow field, when the cows get out, plus the moles are pretty bad.

I have a free wheel, and it helps. But my tires on my everyday chair are way to thin, and sink into the grass way to much.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    Hey thanks for the response. Will look into the mobility scooter. Wonder how good they are a bit off road. My lawn sometimes turns into a cow field, when the cows get out, plus the moles are pretty bad.

I have a free wheel, and it helps. But my tires on my everyday chair are way to thin, and sink into the grass way to much.
    Ahhhh, yeah. I use 2.95" wide tires for lawn use, Maxxis Holy Rollers, mounted on 507 rims. Perfect match for Schwalbe Marathon everyday tires on 559 rims.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

Are these any good. Sure would help save my arms and shoulders.
    http://www.ebay.com/usr/lilcritterll...p2047675.l2559

What about a Box Trail Bomber https://www.boxwheelchairs.com/beach-bomber
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

I have a Lasher BTX which I like a lot. Once the off road wheels are on it the limiting factor is the front casters which are 6" Froglegs 1.4" wide. They don't float over gravel or soft surfaces well enough. I thought about trying their new 2" wide wheels but the real way to go is something like the Lasher ATB.

Elarson and Stsmark both good ideas. The LasherATB is about the same price as the 4x4 electric chair, go figure.
    I'm going to be 62 in a couple of days, and after building a wheelchair ramp off the front porch for two days, my shoulders are feeling it. The idea of using 0 energy to get to the place where you are going to work hard with your arms, is starting to look better and better.

Anybody have a powered off road chair?