Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Off road wheelchair

In the past I bought a used power wheelchair for $300; it had wide rear and front tires and was remarkable for tooling around my yard on lumpy, grass terrain. Kept it charged, and after 7 years it's still working.

My mantra is "Save the shoulders", so I can't recommend pushing for several years ahead at your location. Anything with power would be safer and fun to use. We had 6 wheel amphibius ATV's in the past. High transfer, though, but great for the outdoors, woods and in-water for fishing, etc. Maybe even herding cows.

I talked to a friend who told me that he bought three cheep used electric wheelchairs. He said that after a year or so they would break down, and to expensive to fix. So he would buy another one only to have the same thing happen.
    Guess you got lucky with the used one you have.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Ended up getting this very cool 4 wheel drive go anywhere power chair. Works great, gets me anywhere I want to go.
    Looking to get some ramps, so I can put it in the back of my pickup.
    Been awhile since I uploaded a picture, grrrrr
    Last edited by flying; 05-05-2017 at 11:47 PM.

Here is a picture of the off road chair finely bought. Thank you all so much for all the great suggestions
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Congrats. That rig looks beefy, I like the lift seat too. How's the battery range?

i had a scooter that iused everywhere on farm ppastures trails my son love it to to feed the horses i sold it awhile back

It is a Cajun Commando correct?
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Yes it's a Cajun Commando, and I love it. Can go anywhere on my place, opens up a whole new world.
    Not sure how long the battery's last. Went over to sunset Bay, over at the ocean. Road around on the trails, mostly with the granddaughter on my lap for 2 hours, and down to the water across the large beach.
    Went out onto the rocks to the tide pools, supper fun. Anyway the gage on the controller still said I had a full charge. Not sure how accurate the gage is, but the chair was still going full speed after 2.5 hours of beach-trail rolling.
    The manual says 11.5 mile range. Those big motors use a lot of power to skid the chair around all the time.

Vjls, your old scooter sounds fun. Maybe a bit faster then my 4 wheel drive chair. It tops out at 6.5

Sunset bay.
    Not to many chairs out there that can roll on very loose sand
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by flying; 08-01-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    Yes it's a Cajun Commando, and I love it. Can go anywhere on my place, opens up a whole new world.
    This rig is sweeeeet! 4X4 14 inch, high flotation and elevating seat, it's easy to understand your choice. Can you independently load it in the pickup? I ask because I need need to follow someone else s how to example.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.