Thread: Putting Hand Conrols on a Volvo

Putting Hand Conrols on a Volvo

I know a few of you drive Volvo XC's or V7's and was wondering if you have any issues with having the controls installed. I have a Volvo V70 with hand controls and am thinking about getting a newer model. This would be the third Volvo I will own and every time that I switch cars they act like it is the vehicle from hell to install them in. I really like the convenience of having the wagon because I don't have to break my chair down when I am traveling with another person. I was wondering if anyone has encountered this issue with the person who installed your controls?

had v70 the install was normal, several guys I know drive the new wagon no issues
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I have a 2014 XC70 with Menox controls. The installation was painless, they work great look like OEM and I really like the car. You're correct that a manual chair with a folding back goes in great with the back seat up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stsmark View Post
    I have a 2014 XC70 with Menox controls. The installation was painless, they work great look like OEM and I really like the car. You're correct that a manual chair with a folding back goes in great with the back seat up.
    This style of right hand mounted hand controls makes for a easier installation in most Volvo's

Some left hand operated Volvo hand control installations can be very time consuming.

Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

Thanks for the feedback. I was worried about getting the controls installed and I figured it was not going to be a problem. I have contacted my installer and am making arrangements to have them installed once my new car arrives.