Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question for maybe relatively near future

question for maybe relatively near future

umbilical cord blood treatment and epi-stim will both be available to our population in the not too distant future...and propenets of both therapies say that while both of these will bring improvement they shouldnt be construed as a cure. So what about taking advantage of both of these treatments in tandem as a combination therapy ...maybe get the umbilical blood treatment first and while that takes it's time to connect, get an Epidural stimulator implanted to aid with rehab and such...maybe aid some connections.?
    Just spitballing here...
    How does that sound?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Most scientists working in the CNS regeneration field have said for years that most likely some type of combination therapy (likely as many as 5-6 different therapies) will ultimately be needed to effect a true cure. One of the problems facing them is which therapies, in what order, timing in relationship to each other, and what "dosage". No easy answers.

(KLD)

Well with each of these showing some modicum of improvements, perhaps combining them could be the beginning of combination therapies

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

That would need to be the purpose of further clinical trials, starting with animal models. I think you will find that if you go into a human clinical trial for one of the current experimental therapies, you would not be accepted as a subject for a different one, as that muddies their outcomes and data analysis of results.

(KLD)

what I meant is that: it looks like both therapies are likely to get fda Approved for clinical use ...so I might want to get a stimulator implanted and then get umbilical cord blood therapy to bridge the gap then use my stimulator sort of as help or part of a double whammy in conjunction for better and easier standing and stepping training

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    what I meant is that: it looks like both therapies are likely to get fda Approved for clinical use ...so I might want to get a stimulator implanted and then get umbilical cord blood therapy to bridge the gap then use my stimulator sort of as help or part of a double whammy in conjunction for better and easier standing and stepping training
    The exoskeleton too

My implanted FES system has been great for rebuilding muscle. I was over 5 years post injury when I started training with it so my lower body muscles were pretty weak. After 2 months I was able to stand for 30 minutes straight without my muscles fatiguing. My first time cycling I did 2 miles in 27 minutes then my legs quit. After 2 months of training I did 4 miles in 27 minutes and kept going. My quads and glutes have definitely grown and I can keep my back muscles on for over an hour without them fatiguing.

Also like SCI Nurse said I am not allowed to participate in any other trials until I am released from my current one. I wasn't even allowed to participate in a second trial for seated balance and posture with the same group of people I'm already working with.
    Last edited by Wills77; 04-17-2017 at 12:49 PM.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    My implanted FES system has been great for rebuilding muscle. I was over 5 years post injury when I started training with it so my lower body muscles were pretty weak. After 2 months I was able to stand for 30 minutes straight without my muscles fatiguing. My first time cycling I did 2 miles in 27 minutes then my legs quit. After 2 months of training I did 4 miles in 27 minutes and kept going. My quads and glutes have definitely grown and I can keep my back muscles on for over an hour without them fatiguing.
    Nice

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Which Implanted FES system do you have?
    where did you get it fitted?
    Cost ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post

Also like SCI Nurse said I am not allowed to participate in any other trials until I am released from my current one. I wasn't even allowed to participate in a second trial for seated balance and posture with the same group of people I'm already working with.

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    Which Implanted FES system do you have?
    where did you get it fitted?
    Cost ?
    With the Advanced Platform Technology Center in Cleveland Ohio. Its a clinical trial so I haven't had to pay anything. They pay my mileage to drive there, hotel stay and everything included. For me its a 6 hour drive but for their farther away patients they provide plane tickets. They also bought me (and other participants) a Catrike 700 so I can cycle at home, custom fitted afo's so I can step, a walker. They've provided me with anything I've needed to get the best use out of my system.
    Here's a link to my thread on here. I don't know why some of the photos aren't working anymore.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...clinical-trial
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2