Thread: wanting a floor hoist(CP,BAK)

Question wanting a floor hoist(CP,BAK)

so I'm a bilateral above knee amputee who has cerebral palsy with mature burns I'm wanting a floor hoist so I get on the floor and move around. based on this article http://www.amputee-coalition.org/res...knee-amputees/

How do I justify this to first the PT and then the insurance?

Can't remember if you're pure MoH or have ACC involved as well. The MoH is pretty good about providing sling hoists to anyone who ever needs help to transfer (or get up after a fall), because it's a safety issue if someone needs to lift you. (ACC is likely to be better still.) Every sling hoist I've ever used can put me on the floor just fine. Speak to your OT.

My ot is idiot. I have both Acc and moh. im wanting something that I can operate myself

I don't know of any floor based lift that you can operate yourself. A ceiling track lift might work, but you would have to use it where installed.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I don't know of any floor based lift that you can operate yourself. A ceiling track lift might work, but you would have to use it where installed.

(KLD)
    I know someone with cp who uses a ceiling track successful for walking. I cant see ACC approving a ceiling hoist but I can ask.

Do you use a powerchair or a manual chair? If you want to be able to use it yourself then a powered chair with a mechanism where it goes down to the floor, so you can get out and move around and then get back in, might work better?

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyL View Post
    Do you use a powerchair or a manual chair? If you want to be able to use it yourself then a powered chair with a mechanism where it goes down to the floor, so you can get out and move around and then get back in, might work better?
    What adult power chair does this? I am aware of pediatric chairs that do, but have never seen one that is adult sized.

(KLD)

What adult power chair does this? I am aware of pediatric chairs that do, but have never seen one that is adult sized.

(KLD)
    http://www.motionconcepts.com/pp_latitude.html
    http://dragonmobility.com/dragon.php

Those are the only two I know of off the top of my head, but I've seen others using a similar system to the motion concepts one on a range of powerbases, including mid wheel drive.

(KLD)
    https://cherylsseatingnotes.com/2015...ansfer-system/ Something custom like this, perhaps
    And the Permobil K450 is aimed at children but the weight limit is 60kg, so for smaller adults, it's also possible.