Thread: Jazzy power chairs

Jazzy power chairs

I have seen a lot a bad reviews about the jazzy pride power chairs in this forum. The heath care store I've been going to is pushing the jazzy chair on me. Does anybody have anything good to say for the jazzy chair?

No.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

They use cheap parts. Expect lots of problems with them and lots of parts needing to be replaced.

Just curious are you talking about the Pride's Jazzy lineup only or also Quantum Rehab?

I currently have an older Q-Edge that's about 5 years old now with power seating with OttoBock Back 3 and Roho Quadtro cushion. Not had no real problems beside routine batteries replacements.

I had several older Jazzy products, Jet 1HD, 1170, and three 1100s. They were pretty good chairs. Jet 1HD weak point was single post for seat, seat adapter had be replaced couple times.
    The 1700 was OK except normal wear/tear.
    But, the 1100's were great! They were tanks and done very well hence I worn out three of them. I think last produced was back in 1993 or so.

Never had any dealings with newer Jazzy line.
    IMHO about all general use powerchairs are about same nowadays. All brands use generic off the shelf cheap parts: motors and etc. Years ago about all makes/models had greater range(more miles per charge), greater ground clearance, also all seemed to have stronger frames, better speed and greater durability!
    "Good Luck!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    I have seen a lot a bad reviews about the jazzy pride power chairs in this forum. The heath care store I've been going to is pushing the jazzy chair on me. Does anybody have anything good to say for the jazzy chair?
    When I run into a durable medical equipment supplier that is tryng to push a particular brand chair on me, my antennae go up. They are likely pushing a particular chair because there is a high GP (gross profit) in a particular brand/model or "spiffs"* from the manufacturer for selling a particular brand/model.

*Spiffs" - Slang term for the sum paid by a vendor's salesperson to a retailer's salesperson to motivate him or her to push the vendor's goods.

I had an 1100 that was the most dependable chair I every had. The only thing every replaced on it were wheels and batteries. Then after about 9 years one sad day it started stopping and stopping. When they looked at it it had stopped 27 times that afternoon and deemed it too old to repair. The Q6000 that replaced it was a major lemon that had every single electric part replaced at least once. Jazzy chairs were once great but I can't say much for the ones I have seen over the past few years.

Thanks for the replies. I was having problems with current chair. And the store owner where I was getting it fix keeps a decent supply of them. And he has a great business going. And always been fair in the past. So I took his word on the spot and ordered one. Jessy pride 600. And it doesn't make sense to sell a bad product unless you don't care about the business.
    So I will fine out soon.