Thread: Verizon webmail seems to be going away

Verizon webmail seems to be going away

Anyone use Verizon.net email service?
    My wife received a message from a vendor she uses frequently, indicating that here Verizon email service is set to be discontinued. Looks like you'll be able to easily switch to AOL and keep your Verizon email address. (Forgot that Verizon bought AOL)
    So far I haven't seen any notice from Verizon directly.

Blog Entries
    They have stopped it already for new customers.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

I switched mine. I think the notice stated they will cut the cord on April 21
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

How did you switch? Did you get some kind of link from Verizon. We haven't seen any notice - I checked my spam folder as well.

I've had Verizon for about 12 years and I haven't received any notice yet.

This is a copy of what I get when I go out online and sign in to check mail on Verizon website. https://www.verizon.com/support/resi...migrations.htm They posted it in early April. I was ready to switch to Gmail anyway so it got me moving along in the process. I don't miss it ( Verizon) at all . I was getting a lot of spam with Verizon and also except for one Windows 10 laptop my machines and devices are Apple. Verizon POP3 mail was not synching well with other mailboxes. I will continue to go out online to check until they shut it down but has been a big improvement since deleting Verizon mailbox from my Apple email.
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````

Verizon Notice:
    "Effective May 03, 2017, we'll no longer provide verizon.net email service. Other than this change, your Verizon service(s) won?t be affected.
    We have two options for you to consider. Please review both options and take action today to avoid losing access to your email.
    Option 1. Keep your current email address with AOL Mail.
    Select Keep verizon.net email address to migrate to AOL Mail. By choosing this option you will:
    * Keep your verizon.net email address
    * Retain email, contacts and calendar(s) automatically
    Keep verizon.net email address >
    Option 2. Use any other email provider.
    Select Use any other email provider to set up a new account with an email provider of your choosing like Outlook.com or Gmail. By choosing this option, you will:
    * No longer be able to use your current verizon.net email address
    * Need to manually move your email, contacts and calendar(s)
    Use any other email provider >
    If you wish to validate this notice, you may do so by visiting verizon.com and selecting Announcements under the Tools section at the bottom of the page.
    Have questions?*Visit our support pages at verizon.com/email.
    Take action by May 03, 2017 or you?ll lose access to your verizon.net email account."

Article on Verizon email:
    http://www.networkworld.com/article/...-about-it.html
    Last edited by ChesBay; 04-13-2017 at 05:59 PM. Reason: eta / content

Had a chat session with Verizon rep last night - told that I will receive notification any day now... and then I have 30 days to shift over to AOL.
    Keeping fingers crossed!

Coincidence? Finally got the notice from Verizon today and transferred my and my wife's email to AOL. Quick and painless. and I think I like the AOL interface more.
    And the android email app!