Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pot not working for pain...Help!

Pot not working for pain...Help!

Question for people who use pot for pain. I've tried a ton of different strains over the years. Various sativas, hybrids, indacas, cbd, etc. I've smoked, vaped, used oil, capsules. Everything. It seem that any time I try to use it, it makes my pain WORSE! My two questions are:

1) Has anyone else had this experience? If so, did you find something that DID work for you?

2) For those who have had it receive nerve and muscle pain, what are some strains/kinds of pot/ways of taking it that have helped you with pain?

Thanks

I had decent luck with medical grade. Just smoking out of pipe. However I am chronic pain very bad. Finally had to administer hydromorphone into my baclofen pump. Only way to keep my pain at a level 5, Score of 1 to 10. I also have to take 1o-325 percocets 4 times a day for break though pain. Hate chronic pain 24 -7 and hate having to take pain meds. Hoping some day soon they can control pain dosage in my pump to get off oral pain meds.

Quote Originally Posted by nmireles View Post
    I had decent luck with medical grade. Just smoking out of pipe. However I am chronic pain very bad. Finally had to administer hydromorphone into my baclofen pump. Only way to keep my pain at a level 5, Score of 1 to 10. I also have to take 1o-325 percocets 4 times a day for break though pain. Hate chronic pain 24 -7 and hate having to take pain meds. Hoping some day soon they can control pain dosage in my pump to get off oral pain meds.
    Describe your pain sensation

Quote Originally Posted by LIFE_IS_RAD View Post
    Question for people who use pot for pain. I've tried a ton of different strains over the years. Various sativas, hybrids, indacas, cbd, etc. I've smoked, vaped, used oil, capsules. Everything. It seem that any time I try to use it, it makes my pain WORSE! My two questions are:

1) Has anyone else had this experience? If so, did you find something that DID work for you?

2) For those who have had it receive nerve and muscle pain, what are some strains/kinds of pot/ways of taking it that have helped you with pain?

Thanks
    I use cannabis oil suppositories twice a day, which helps. Can't take opiates, they made my pain worse, after being on it for a year. Watch out for that, its a real bitch.
    If I smoke cannabis, then my nerves go crazy for a short time, then it's better then it was before I smoked. But if my pain is really strong, and I smoke, then it really sets off the nerves for up to 20 minutes.
    Can take Kratom once every three days. If I take it more often then that, it starts to get into the whole opiates make it worse syndrome. So mainly, I suffer a lot.
    The massive amount of cannabis oil I take has made my life bearable, after all its the only pain medication I can take everyday.
    As for strains, I grew some mostly sativa plants, and it seems to set my nerves off much less.
    Good luck
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Its never helped my "regular" pain that I can feel, like my shoulder. But its help pain in my hips that cause very bad spasms. Though I can't feel hips, the pain there is causing my legs to spasm very bd.
    Brought to you by: atrophied&twitch

Jim it's neuropathic pain from T-10 spinal cord injury in 1993. I was a diesel mechanic when I got injured. Working on a dump truck between the box and frame. The dump truck box came down and crushed me 4,000lbs. This box was on for me for over 2 minutes before they got a fork lift and got it off of me. I have been in chronic pain since 24-7 never stops relentless. The pain is mainly on the steel rods fusion in my back. The Pain is sharp throbbing there are no words to make people understand. Only people with chronic pain truly understand. Yes being a paraplegic is bad enough i can deal with that. But to be in this pain all the time is horrific.

Pot makes my neuro pain much worse so I gave up on it, and I enjoyed smoking it before my injury. But it definitely takes care of the spasms.

I tried some MJ in capsules and my neuro pain went through the roof! My body burned ALL OVER head to toe like a sun burn times 10,000 so never again I'll just stick to the pharmaceuticals that will probably kill me at a young age.
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

Blog Entries
    Caused my neuro pain to spike like crazy, too, but that effect wore off in an hour, or so. Helped with my lower leg/calf/foot spasticity a lot, which lasted about 3-4 hours. It's a trade off. I decided it wasn't worth it. Not legal where I live either.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

Marijuana doesn't do anything for pain above my injury level. It helps for pain below my injury level. Don't waste your lungs, time, and money smoking it. You'd have to smoke like a chimney to get the same results from eating it. Clinics can make edibles much more affordably than you could make at home. Dabbing also works well. But that's a process and can put you out before you know it. Good thing about eating it is that you have about an hour for it to kick in. In that time you can be in bed and sleeping... very well.

I get good pain relief below my injury level with a few drinks of Patron (other tequilas seem to require drinking more). Combining Patron with edibles enables taking less of each. For example, if I relied only on Patron, I'd take 3-4 shots. If I relied only on dabs, I'd take 3-4 dabs. Combining them means taking just 1 of each and provides better results. By the way, the combo works great for spasms too.
    Last edited by August West; 04-27-2017 at 03:17 AM.