Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anything new in the way of power chairs?

I'm also looking for a new Rear wheel drive chair options. I'm really having a hard time finding something new too. I don't want to buy another Invacare they are having to many electronic issues. I hate the way there's no way even give Inavacare feedback. I can't stand the way their joystick light blinds you in the dark. I'm over the weight limit for a Permobil My Wheelchair therapist had me demo an Amy Systems chair which has a Hybrid dive which is a like a mid & rear wheel drive. I'm going to give it another try its the closest to a rear wheel drive that's an option that I can find for me.

The Alltrack R series is Hybrid because it combines the best features from both mid-wheel and rear-wheel drive models and packs it all into one wheelchair.
    http://amysystems.com/amysystems-alltrack-r-series/
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

I think I will ask my therapist about that chair.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Hmmm... That Amy is a Sunrise Medical Quickie - Or Quickie is using AMY. See: http://www.sunrisemedical.ca/power-w...ie-xperience-2 - Same videos. Quickie calls it Xperience.

WTF?! wHEELchairs are like dishwashers and air conditioners now? Manufactured and different manufacturer's stickers slapped on?

I know this is a mid-wheel ..but...i always had rears until this baby ..now ill never give this up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtbSipBS900

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyCrip View Post
    Hmmm...

WTF?! wHEELchairs are like dishwashers and air conditioners now? Manufactured and different manufacturer's stickers slapped on?
    This is a fact for many many models, and makes for many many years. Many base assemblies are either made in China or assembled in the USA from Chinese parts, or a combination of each. It's a crazy business.

I am a rear wheel fancier, they suit my home for turning in small spaces in my home. I own an older home one storey, one level home, that was never built to accommodate a wheelchair let alone a power wheelchair. There are plenty of spaces that I had to re-construct to accommodate me, as it became very obvious, (to me) my physical abilities deteriorated. The rear wheel drive turns sharply and the tippers on the rear do not project out in the rear to grab stuff turning in a narrow space.(my added bathroom) It all works for me.

I've always used quickie rwd either the p222-se or the p-220 , but since insurance doesnt cover the group 4 p222-se and the p-220 was discontinued I had to hop over to the S-Series s-636 its rwd sits a little higher then the p series the motors seem a bit louder . the frame has a dynamic suspension which seems better then the hardtail of days past. I've never in 11 years had a problem with the electronics or brain/module ... I have had to replace brush motors a few times ...

That looks interesting air ohs. Thanks for sharing.

Yes P222SE was great chair. Only drawback was the plastic slats under chair suspension. That's what I had back in the day at least. Worked but easily broke under "rambunctious cowgirl activity" shall we say... ;-)

I am now in a 636 (or 646?) and it has served me well. As you say, brushes need replacing from time to time but that is a consumable wear product and expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyy View Post
    I drive am Alltrack R.
    Tony, does the Alltrack use brushless motors?
    C-6/7 incomplete