Thread: ds lock problem

ds lock problem

my left brake has not been releasing when transfering out of the car sometimes it gets hung up and ill get back in car take tires off put back on lock brake unlock brake make sure its working then transfer to chair but then it wont release all the way it clicks and ill have to get back in car do process all over again any ideas can i squirt some wd 40 in the piston or something

to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

WD40 is not appropriate for this application.

Best approach: dissemble piston, clean it, lube lightly with silicone grease, and reassemble. Also lube cables with aerosol silicone grease using cable lube tool.

Quick approach: work aerosol grease into piston.

(I must go now, but I'll be back later to put links to products mentioned.)
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

thanks ill try get some of that grease
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>