Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Mark Smith kicked off airplane

With all the hullabaloo about deplaning seated passengers for any reason, I have my doubts we will every hear how this event gets settled. Mark will settle and we will never get a sniff of the result. If this ever happens to me I will resist and make them remove me while I loudly speak badly of their ancestors. Why NOT? Everyone from any Airline is going to lie about everything anyway. The Airline said he deplaned voluntarily sure he did ! And he sat in the jet way for a half hour voluntarily as well I suppose. Then a five hour wait for another flight.

Well i don't happen to agree with Mark Smith about much, but he has the airline over a barrel I believe. He will settle for a nice price and shut his mouth about it. It would be nice to know if that plane left the airport with that seat empty. That would be very telling, if the plane was full before they booted Mark off!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    The Eagle lift would replace the manual (human) "lifters" that some require to get from their own wheelchair to the aisle chair, and then from the aisle chair to their seat. I know a number of people who were dropped and injured during this process, including my mother. Would much prefer a safer device like this. Neither is great for your dignity, but at least you are safer.

(KLD)
    My first Eagle Lift experience was an excellent one. YVR in Vancouver rolls both the aisle chair and the lift to the gate waiting area so you have a choice. Not so much in Honolulu. Both shoulders took a beating as "trained employees" didn't know how to do an aisle chair transfer.

Crappler and others: This is a far superior, safe and dignified way to access an aircraft. We should all be advocating for our local airport to adopt safer systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    My first Eagle Lift experience was an excellent one. YVR in Vancouver rolls both the aisle chair and the lift to the gate waiting area so you have a choice. Not so much in Honolulu. Both shoulders took a beating as "trained employees" didn't know how to do an aisle chair transfer.

Crappler and others: This is a far superior, safe and dignified way to access an aircraft. We should all be advocating for our local airport to adopt safer systems.
    Glad you had a great experience but for me a often as we fly I would much prefer airline ground crew to lift much faster, much less invasive.

On a side note...notice how you all never heard the follow up from Mark Smith?

It had nothing to do with a disability and more with simply a business practice of overbooking and bumping someone off a passenger that might have paid a lower flight cost.