Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mark Smith kicked off airplane

I was not allowed to reboard American in charlotte was told I had odor but ddid not but I was allowed on the next plane. I did get an apology and dept of transportation also found they had discriminated against me. American has a history of this

that same month the 13 girl was molested a para was forced to crawl up the stairs to plane

I will not fly american

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    This is how I feel when I have to use an aisle chair. Especially when if I get to be a show.
    There's simply NO way this happened just because he uses a "wheelchair".

That's so funny, I told my family I felt just like that when I had to use an isle chair. Plan on wearing the mask and bringing a bottle of Chianti next time I fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Good question. Maybe he smelled like wide open ass and nobody had the heart to say anything. I've heard of people being moved to less booked flights on account of their aroma, and no one willing to sit next to them. It happens.
    People have no idea how to handel things. If someone said he smelled someone could have descretly told him so. It may or may not be true but it would be better than how they did it. Some people are going to smell something if you put a disabled person beside them....

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    I know, it's strange - wonder what the airline will end up saying (if anything) about the situation.
    My guess if they say anything it will be made up and will be such that at least all of us will know its a bunch of BS or they might even tell the truth... Stranger things have happened

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    This is how I feel when I have to use an aisle chair. Especially when if I get to be a show.
    There's simply NO way this happened just because he uses a "wheelchair".

I would like to think you are right but I cannot rule it out. I hope you are right

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    I was not allowed to reboard American in charlotte was told I had odor but ddid not but I was allowed on the next plane. I did get an apology and dept of transportation also found they had discriminated against me. American has a history of this

that same month the 13 girl was molested a para was forced to crawl up the stairs to plane

I will not fly american
    Like I said if they put you beside the wrong person they are going to "smell" something even if there is nothing to smell. Some people think we all stink... I missed those stories do you have links? I will google and try to find them

Rather than all of this speculation, maybe all of us, identifying ourselves as members of Care Cure Community, should send an email to Doug Parker, CEO American Airlines and demand an explanation of what happened on this flight:
    doug.parker@aa.com

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Rather than all of this speculation, maybe all of us, identifying ourselves as members of Care Cure Community, should send an email to Doug Parker, CEO American Airlines and demand an explanation of what happened on this flight:
    doug.parker@aa.com
    Excellent suggestion, gjnl.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    That's so funny, I told my family I felt just like that when I had to use an isle chair. Plan on wearing the mask and bringing a bottle of Chianti next time I fly.
    TOTALLY!! When asked how I am doing today, I usually respond with "like a psychiatric patient" or make a joke about just give me a hockey mask and call me hannibal lector.

I don't know why airlines can't come up with a less humiliating way to board.
    On one airline here in Canada the only options when booking are "can walk to seat" or "must be carried"
    I can transfer I don't need or want anyone touching me...
    The language is from the last century. I've brought it up to them a few times to no avail.

I can't imagine how that man feels. I've refused to fly before if they start boarding without a pre-board. It's just horrible.

There is a better way; a lift that was developed in Australia and which has not been adopted by USA airlines or airports to any extent, but you can see it here: http://www.haycomp.com.au/aviation-lifters/eagle-2/
    Airlines and airports are not going to spend the money to get these unless they get sufficient complaints about the current aisle chairs, and until people who need them start insisting through letters to CEOs, etc.

(KLD)