Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mark Smith kicked off airplane

Exactly, an isle chair is a humiliating experience enough, and it's typically done with no other passengers on the plane. There needs to be an explanation as to why this occurred.

This is how I feel when I have to use an aisle chair. Especially when if I get to be a show.
    There's simply NO way this happened just because he uses a "wheelchair".

Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    I really wonder what that pilot was thinking... this isn't going to turn out good for him or AA.
    If I had to guess, probably "power" chair...and recent stories of batteries self-combusting. Of course not knowing one battery technology from another...

I see a local TV station aired the story...maybe time for us to pepper national outlet tip lines with the story for better coverage? Seems a better story than that stupid story with outrage that United Airlines wanted its employees to appear 'professional' when taking free flights IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    If I had to guess, probably "power" chair..
    My guess too, someone must have freaked about the batteries. Maybe he had some tape on them or something. I cannot imagine the level of discrimination it would take to kick someone off a plane because of paralysis.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Blog Entries
    Yep. To go from saying the airline 'gave no indication why I was removed' to deciding to claim 'it was because I'm disabled' sounds more like a martyr looking for a cross to hang himself on than what really probably happened.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

I agree with those who think it was most likely the battery issue - a pilot exercising extraordinary (if undue) caution.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

So what?
    You guys actually believe you're no different?

If it was a battery issue why not say so right up front?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by djrolling View Post
    Good question. Maybe he smelled like wide open ass and nobody had the heart to say anything. I've heard of people being moved to less booked flights on account of their aroma, and no one willing to sit next to them. It happens.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

Quote Originally Posted by djrolling View Post
    I know, it's strange - wonder what the airline will end up saying (if anything) about the situation.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions