Thread: Houston...we have UPS tracking info! What should I do before accepting my ZRA?

Wink Houston...we have UPS tracking info! What should I do before accepting my ZRA?

After nearly 6mos. I wasn't sure I'd ever get that feeling associated w/getting a tracking number for my ZRA, today I got it and WOW, just WOW!! 33lbs. shipped, my current chair is 45lbs+, jaw-meet-floor!
    This has been the Murphy's Law of ordering experiences, if I hadn't "owned" my ordering I wouldn't have called manufactures myself for shipping dates, only to discover, oops-parts were never ordered. Countless thank yous go out to those who insisted I speak up for myself. I realized when parts weren't ordered because my DME didn't have accounts w/companies that my suspicion of being their first custom chair client was likely correct...
    I hope that after all of this my ZRA will arrive perfectly, like, on a cloud w/a trumpet sounding when it hits the DME floor. I'm aware though, that chairs do not always arrive as expected, is there a checklist somewhere I can look up for things to go over before signing off? My DME has told me they regret having me as a client, I know I'm likely to smile and accept just so I don't further piss them off unless I know exactly what to measure/verify. I'm sure measuring is part of it, is a cloth vs metal measuring tape more exact? These are the pieces I'm expecting;

Tilite ZRA, folding back, everything Titanium except the fork stems w/carbon fenders
    https://orderforms.tilite.com/ezti/i...y&page=nothing The rigidizer bar is angled as well, thank you, thank you Stephen212!!!
    ADI Carbon Fibre back
    Smart Drive MX2+
    Zoid cushion

As always thank you for your expertise! I wish I didn't have to learn about chair mishaps from reading first-hand accounts. I'm very grateful to those who turn their frustration into wisdom for us newbies so we can avoid some of the pitfalls in this experience.
    -IG-hopefully on her last week of driving a tank

Specs look great! What a marvelous setup you ordered!!

TiLite typically (but not always) does a great job of building according to spec. Issues with the build more typically originate with the DMEs improperly completing the order form.

Before deciding whether or not to accept it, I suggest just using it at the DMEs for a bit inside and outside. If everything feels about right, it should be good to go. If it doesn't feel right, start measuring (style of tape is your preference). Make sure you measure the same way TiLite does. Adjustable parts may be a bit off of course; it took me months to get my AeroZ tuned in (and 4+ years to get it perfect enough to clone it as a new TR).

(Your seat to footrest feels a bit long to me. Hope you accounted for the cushion thickness, or maybe you just have long legs.)

Pictures are mandatory you know
    Last edited by chasmengr; 03-31-2017 at 11:56 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.
    Dragon NaturallySpeaking user.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Thanks Chas for all your help! Height/foot length has been a concern of mine since the beginning. Measuring from my knee fold to heal I get 16.5 inches. I asked my DME on multiple occasions if he accounted for cushion, he said he did, but if he was supposed to subtract anything on the form, he didn't. No point in stressing now...DME got offended whenever I brought up measurement concerns because "he used to build them"...

You're most welcome. I'm very eager to see it!!

Sad to say, typical DMEs.

When you try it on, you'll find out . . .
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.
    Dragon NaturallySpeaking user.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>