Thread: Anyone know of a service that cleanses Clinitron fluidized beads other than Hill Rom?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Anyone know of a service that cleanses Clinitron fluidized beads other than Hill Rom?

I've been a C4 - C5 quadriplegic for 29 years. Since I can't get one from Hill Rom I'm looking into purchasing a used Hill Rom Clinitron at home bed. I won't know how contaminated the beads are and don't want to contract an infection therefore I am wondering if anyone knows of a service that cleanses the ceramic beads other than the Hill Rom company. They will not touch it because they didn't sell it. If you know of a resource that can instruct us on how to cleanse them that would work also. I need the bed the because I've got a pressure ulcer on my sacrum that's a stage IV staying at 4 cm X 6 cm for over 5 months. The wound has been under clinical management for that time we just can't make any headway on it with any type of dressing. I'm on a clean high protein diet and no matter how much I'm repositioned it stays the same. Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by stvchris; 03-25-2017 at 02:13 AM. Reason: misspelled

If you are still in the market for a Clinitron, call Star Medical (484-633-1340). They picked up where Hill-Ron left off when they got out of the home business. They provide the beds, as well as service them. I'm a C7 quad who's had 3 muscle flap surgeries over the past 10 years and had trouble myself getting a bed to help with healing and preventing the sores. These guys worked with me and my insurance company and made sure I got what I needed in spite of all of the barriers that we encounter.