Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you have gotten a TiLite in the past few years, please weigh in

I've been happy with TiLite and their local rep is great. I wouldn't worry about TiLite.

I bought a new TR3 last fall. No issues and everything was great. I like it better than my ZRA.

Got my current TR3 (2nd Tilite) a little over a year ago. Went through 2 or 3 CAD drawings that I would mark up and they would send back without the changes. Finally signed one that was right. The first frame they sent me was wrong (the crossbar under the seat was off by 5"), so it went back . 2nd frame they sent was also wrong (one caster floated 3/16", the lower frame rails don't match on both sides, the backrest doesn't fold straight, etc.), but I didn't want to wait another month or two, so I fixed a few issues on my own and just live with the others. It's like they built the frame without a jig. In the end its a great chair, but the experience was terrible. I will definitely be checking out other options next time around.
    Last edited by Brad09; 03-31-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Wish I could report that I'm happy with tilite like everyone else. Had a zra and went in and had the caster fixed, the dme came back and everything was rusted in there and tilite said no way of fixing it.(took it to a friend and he fixed the problem on the zra ��) Dme looked at my records and lucky for them it was coming up six years on the zra so I could get a new chair. So I got a aero t and told tilite to use the same dimensions of my old chair. Well my chair doesn't fit like my other one. Had them weld a bar for behind my feet and it's not welded in the dimensions I gave them. Had problems with my casters and found out that my frame is bent and tilite won't cover it. Dme is working with insurance to come up with a solution while I'm pushing a chair where a caster just spends around and catches at times and almost throws me out.

Im disappointed with tilite. Like I said had a problems with my zra also but they were minor. Absolutely hate my aero t and this will be my last chair from tilite because I'm about principal. Shits broken fix it. So that is my two cents and wish you luck on your decision.

Ps anybody have and suggestions on wheelchair manufacturers they like?

Thanks for the info.

I have second thoughts about TiLite.

When it comes to customization TiLite can not rise to the challenge anymore.

I wanted a frame like this built for me with 1.25" canes and an oval rigidizer bar and after three CAD drawings the district manager ended up calling me saying, "TiLite cannot make the 'chair I sent to them."

Bending the oval tube was too difficult for Tilite to manufacture and weld on a 'chair.

I have several other photos of TiLite 'chairs with that oval rigidizer bar on them.

TiFit is bullshit.

Ti
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion View Post
    When it comes to customization TiLite can not rise to the challenge anymore.

I wanted a frame like this built for me with 1.25" canes and an oval rigidizer bar and after three CAD drawings the district manager ended up calling me saying, "TiLite cannot make the 'chair I sent to them."

Bending the oval tube was too difficult for Tilite to manufacture and weld on a 'chair.

I have several other photos of TiLite 'chairs with that oval rigidizer bar on them.

TiFit is bullshit.

Ti

They need to rebrand: Designs Limited!

Unable and unwilling are two different things.

It's unfortunate. Growth seems to have a consistent and considerable impact on quality in this business.

(To be fair, IIRC, stephen212's rigidizer was a prototype, a one off. It may well be way too much of a hassle.)
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

Titanium4motion that is bs because the bend behind my feet has almost the same radius and that aluminum bar cost 700 dollars and I bet I could have taken my idea to a machine shop and had it done cheaper and right.

This reminds me I was talking to the dme and telling him that I wish I could roll up to the tilite guy and pop him in the mouth. The dme told me he met the guy and he's in a chair and a nice guy. Well, that makes it worse being a chair he should understand how hard it is to get a good chair and fitted correctly. I've only had one ab that really knew what they were doing and fitted me correctly. Does anyone know why there isn't anyone in chairs fitting people in chairs? If there is I haven't heard of any!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1971cuda View Post
    Wish I could report that I'm happy with tilite like everyone else. Had a zra and went in and had the caster fixed, the dme came back and everything was rusted in there and tilite said no way of fixing it.(took it to a friend and he fixed the problem on the zra ��) Dme looked at my records and lucky for them it was coming up six years on the zra so I could get a new chair. So I got a aero t and told tilite to use the same dimensions of my old chair. Well my chair doesn't fit like my other one. Had them weld a bar for behind my feet and it's not welded in the dimensions I gave them. Had problems with my casters and found out that my frame is bent and tilite won't cover it. Dme is working with insurance to come up with a solution while I'm pushing a chair where a caster just spends around and catches at times and almost throws me out.
    Im disappointed with tilite. Like I said had a problems with my zra also but they were minor. Absolutely hate my aero t and this will be my last chair from tilite because I'm about principal. Shits broken fix it. So that is my two cents and wish you luck on your decision.
    Ps anybody have and suggestions on wheelchair manufacturers they like?
    Maybe it is a margin of profit question for TiLite. Or they are hiring fools, or the current staff are as pissed off as some consumers. It doesn't take much to screw up that 'team spirit' especially when a new broom is sweeping the production floor.
    Anyway, onto the positive. If those who should cannot be bothered, rather than spend our valuable time trying to reason just get on with it, if it is doable and within our capacity.
    Maybe get your mate to split the frame cross bar, split the tubes for clamping and insert a stiffener.
    This AeroT that I have chopped never had a castor problem to begin with and still hasn't. It may do at some later date??
    One of the benefits of what I have done is that, baring a complete right-off, the two castors can always be made to carry true. Also the frame can grow or shrink as I might
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by slow_runner; 04-07-2017 at 03:19 AM. Reason: spalling mistook

Why would they even TiFit on adjustable chair?