Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you have gotten a TiLite in the past few years, please weigh in

If you have gotten a TiLite in the past few years, please weigh in

Hey all,

I need to order a new chair, have had TiLite's forever. I'm worried about getting another one since they were 'acquired'.

If you have gotten one within the last few years, how was your experience getting what you ordered, and how has the chair held up?

Thanks, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Hey all,

I need to order a new chair, have had TiLite's forever. I'm worried about getting another one since they were 'acquired'.

If you have gotten one within the last few years, how was your experience getting what you ordered, and how has the chair held up?

Thanks, Jim
    It's gonna depend on your insurance I'm sure, but I went most of the way through the process with Medicare last year before I realized I was like 3 months too early for the 5 year limit, but the DME was pretty sure it was going to get approved. I've got BCBS through work right now and I got a TR approved.

It wasn't all that hard, just the basic stuff, I'm sure you have shoulder pain and trouble pushing your chair (in home if you've got the medicare). My PT this time didn't even make me play the weak little cripple, she just dutifully wrote down the problems I told her I was having.

If you've got private insurance and they only approve the non titanium version, but you've really got your heart set on Ti (like I do, despite the negligible weight benefits) the upgrade isn't that much... a few hundred dollars if I remember properly. The aluminum versions are your basic ultralight chair, if you qualify one you can get one from tilite.

My TR3 was ordered about the same time the buyout was publicized. The chair is fabulous. Some delivery delay occurred that, in hindsight, may have been caused by transitioning. I absolutely adore my TR!!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I received my TR about fifteen months ago replaced my well worn ZRA. The TR is so much nicer and came in as specified.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Hey all,

Thanks, Jim
    tilite is still solid biggest problem are the dealers, I hear horror stories from customers regarding dealers who are big dme's. to give you an idea, when I request quote/cad on a customer chair I have it same day or next day. not weeks.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Made-to-fit chairs are fabulous for users (when fit correctly), but ordering them is too tedious for many DMEs.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Made-to-fit chairs are fabulous for users (when fit correctly), but ordering them is too tedious for many DMEs.
    But why would you go to a DME who wouldn't get you a custom fit chair?

that's because nearly all dme's are ab's. they are clueless. its not tedious if end user knows their needs, at the end of the day its our responsibility to know what we need except of course new injuries.
    Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Thanks all

I received my current TR exactly one year ago and I have been happy with it.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982