Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Full Size Wheelchair Van Questions

^^^^ I also had a body shop, for about 20 years, and agree with that on the older cars, but not on the newer cars. In reality, when it comes to repairs for the general public, there's a lot of hacking goin on. If I bought a brand new AMG and it took a good shot, I'd rather have a new one than one that was "repaired."

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    Sorry, Jim, I have to disagree. Once any vehicle is damaged it can never be brought back to how it came out of the factory. Not saying it can't be repaired to appear that it's never been repaired.

If you were here for a repair I'd change your opinion on that without a problem.

In many cases especially on wheelchair vans there leaving here in better condition than before the accident.

Especially vans that are a few years old.

Its good to get in a cut out rust and fix the poor prep from the original modification.

Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    ^^^^ I also had a body shop, for about 20 years, and agree with that on the older cars, but not on the newer cars. In reality, when it comes to repairs for the general public, there's a lot of hacking goin on. If I bought a brand new AMG and it took a good shot, I'd rather have a new one than one that was "repaired."
    Your 100% correct there.

Iv'e seen wheelchair vans that were totaled after another body shop did a repair.

Recently we had one where the van was in much worse shape after it was repaired.

Fortunately they found us and we easily got the van squared away. Then again having a full metal fab shop, machine shop, mechanical shop and a body shop all under one roof doesn't hurt.

Neither does having more than 30 years of modifying, repairing and preventing mobility vehicles from rusting out.

If your ever up this way stop by and we'd be more than happy to show you some stuff.

We almost always have a rustoration or two in process.

Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA