Thread: Trout Fishing, Eastern Sierra's

Trout Fishing, Eastern Sierra's

Hi everyone

Been awhile since I've been on this site, always a great place to learn new things

Looking for a wheelchair accessible cabin on or near a lake in the June Lakes area, guess I would be flexible for the right place anywhere in the Eastern Sierra's. Thanks for your help.
    Living the Dream, C6/C7 incomplete.

Found a cabin that is wheelchair accessible

Convict Lake, cabin#25

Convict is one of my favorite lakes for fishing...as well as Convict Creek! Be sure to confirm by phone what features of this cabin make it accessible. My memories of the cabins are that they are old and it would be surprising if the bathroom was fully accessible. When are you going?

There should also be wheelchair accessible motel rooms in Bishop, Mammoth Village, and Bridgeport areas if you are OK with not saying right on the water. Also, you may be able to find wheelchair accessible accommodations on AirBnB using the "wheelchair accessible" filter.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Why types of fish?

KLD, you are the queen of travel!

Eastern Sierra is pretty much all trout, some native, some planted. In some areas you can get a "Sierra Grand Slam" which is catching (usually in one day) Brook, Rainbow, Brown, and Golden trout. I go nearly exclusively to catch-and-release, barb-less hook only, fly streams anymore myself. These are mostly the best streams, with the best and most friendly fishermen and women.

And it is not that far from me. I can be fishing in Bishop Creek in a 6 hour drive from my house.

This is a view of Convict Lake. Lots of pack trips leave from here to fish higher up in the mountains:

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 09-07-2017 at 06:11 PM.
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Spoke with the people that run the cabins, and they have been updating them. The cabin has a roll in shower but still needs grab bars and it's also a little tight, I can work around those issues.
    I plan on bringing a set of home depot grab bars and fasteners and handing them the receipt in hopes that they will install them for me , if not interested I will just return them to home depot and go without.
    The weathers kind of tricky but looking at end of May or early June
    Did a lot of ocean sport fishing in my day but never fished for trout. Planning on fly fishing so will probably hook my ear or something. lol