Thread: Replacing spinergy spoke?

Replacing spinergy spoke?

I saw this video

And the old dude in the Rocawear T-shirt has a single red spoke in his rims. It looks pretty badass.

Anyone changed a spinergy spoke? I've had my last set for 6 years and haven't needed to so much as tighten one, but I remember thinking they'd be quite difficult to appropriately tension.

Just curious how hard it would be to remove and replace on spoke and keep the wheel true.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    I had a local bike shop do a new hub and all the spokes for a wheel. It's not really any different than a regular spoke.

when Spinergy replaces them they bake the wheel afterwards as a way to set/break-in the spokes. otherwise you need to check your rim after you break-in the new spoke for alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    I had a local bike shop do a new hub and all the spokes for a wheel. It's not really any different than a regular spoke.
    Just to be clear, you're talking about the plastic spinergy spokes, not a regular metal spoke wheel, right?

How long have you been rolling on this wheel?

Did they just change the hub? (so the spokes in the rim were not changed) or did they build the whole wheel for you?

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Hub and all new spokes. they do the local wheelchair basketball teams wheels, also. The wheel I had done is 4-5 years old and still rides fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    Hub and all new spokes. they do the local wheelchair basketball teams wheels, also. The wheel I had done is 4-5 years old and still rides fine.
    Nice!

I've had Spinergy's for almost a decade now and in the back of my mind I remember someone telling me they were a pain in the ass to properly tension. Probably just urban myth that got stuck in my head.

those are the spinergy carbon blade wheels so duno if its any different from the normal pbo spokes?