Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you do for fun

Denver, Colorado USA ---- C5/6 Complete 1985
    I flirt with my nurses, who call themselves "Wife number 1, 2, and 3". That's fun. I've started playing bridge again since it's so easy online with BBO. I write Python scripts, mostly to study genetic data. I'm trying to play Pickleball.
    "The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but thought about it. Be aware of the thoughts you are thinking. Separate them from the situation, which is always neutral. It is as it is."
    --Eckhart Tolle

Play Third Person Shooter/Looter video games on my PS4 Console.

PC Gamer, beer, birding, and movies. Plus, I love watching sports; especially NFL and UFC.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Reading history, fishing, shooting trap, playing the trumpet at a very elementary level and watching Netflix DVD's to avoid reality television, except Chopped which is great. During summer I grow as many mammoth sunflowers as I can, usually in large pots. In the fall I collect the stalks which look just like Gandalph's staff. I stick these in corners all over the house and admire them during Michigan winters.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    Reading history, fishing, shooting trap, playing the trumpet
    I'm slowly learning how to really play jazz on my trumpet (my oldest possession! 1959) and enjoy soloing with my wife's trio. (juliemacsings.com)
    Did you know you can play a trumpet when recovering from flap surgery on your back in a Clinitron but you have to swallow your saliva?!
    I also love lushly planted freshwater aquariums of which I have two I tend.
    And I too enjoy a senseless visit to the political forum to see what pathetic (deplorable?) flavor of crap Andy and NRF are serving on any boring day.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by pfcs49; 06-15-2017 at 02:32 PM.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Pc49 I have same sharks in my tank. Mine doesn't look nearly as nice as yours though !!! Nice tank. I hunt,fish, ride my bike, and go to the beach and swim, also go toschool and the gym

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    During summer I grow as many mammoth sunflowers as I can, usually in large pots.
    Heh, I've been attempting monster sunflowers for the last few years also. Last year I actually got a Kong Hybrid sunflower to fully mature, that was pretty cool. Normally I have rabbits massacring them or they get weird non-growth. This year I have 9 Kongs still alive. I'm keeping the chicken wire/tomato cage I have on 7 of them a lot longer this time around (rabbits). Hopefully they don't get weak stems from being supported by the cage too much. 2 others are not in ideal locations sun-wise, but hopefully they will do ok. The rabbit kill count is only 3 plants this year, so I'm actually doing well so far, lol. Grass and bushes do well with me for landscaping projects, sunflowers not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    I also love lushly planted freshwater aquariums of which I have two I tend.
    And I too enjoy a senseless visit to the political forum to see what pathetic (deplorable?) flavor of crap Andy and NRF are serving on any boring day.
    Cool tank! You should relish those flavorful morsels of wisdom being served up in the Politics forum. Think of it as a visit to a 5 star, $250 an entree restaurant