Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you do for fun

What do you do for fun

I'm starting to do some volunteer work and getting out almost everyday. I'm friends with the recreational therapist over here at Barrows neurological Institute rehab And runs The Barrow connection. She hooks me up with all sorts of fun stuff to do and usually pulls strings to get me deals to do stuff since she knows I can't afford much. A couple weeks ago I got to go to Flagstaff to go snow skiing. What a trip. It was SO MUCH FUN! I got a lesson on the bunny slope on how to turn and help regulate my speed. It was pretty cool. They had to strip my hands together so I didn't reach out and grind my hands up in the snow. To turn the ski I just had to lean my head side to side. Last May I went jet skiing and waterskiing with a group of other wheelchair users. Another thing that was so much fun, especially the waterskiing. All I had to do to qualify for that is be able to hold my breath for 10 seconds. Piece of cake. Six or seven years ago a group of SCI went on a retreat up in the mountains here in Arizona for a few days. Talk about a blast. Up there we got to work with a lot of animals. This donkey and I got along really well. You know us asses have to stick together. They are bringing the back this year for the first time in like six years I think. In November they do this thing out here called Driving to Excel at Bondurant school for high-performance driving where they take us and put us in the passenger seat of racecars. I send them top out at 120 mph pulling turns at 60 or 70 mph. I love the cranking from side to side. A couple times a year they do the rugby tournaments here so I get to hang out with some of the rugby guys. I'm thinking of getting in the power soccer myself. I'm not quite strong enough to play rugby. So what do you guys do?
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

I've been into motorcycles my whole life and i am fortunate enough that i can ride still, not on 2 wheels though i'm now on 3. i had just bought my first harley right before i got hurt and it sat in the garage for a couple years and finally last year i bought a trike kit and put it on and figured out a way to put my chair on the back by myself so I can now ride again. I get alot of attention when people watch me get on it and put my chair on it so they want to come and talk before i take off. Its an ongoing project though so that keeps me busy alot. I've also got back into fishing, camping and archery with my youngest son. I have a group of guys that i meet and camp with for 4 days in the spring and fall where we just play cards, eat and drink to much! and my youngest and I do what we've dubbed fish camp in the spring where we go out rent a boat and camp for 3 days and just fish the whole time. I'm a member of a conservation club also where they have stocked ponds to fish in an archery range. I'm also big into cooking, bbqing, curing and smoking meat. i actually just cured and smoked 25 lbs of bacon!!
    I still work on my recovery so i go to the gym 5 days a week which has been going good even being almost 4 years post im still making steady improvement and it helps me keep my sanity haha!!

I had to sell my trike because I neglected it and it was just slowly deteriorating as I did so. One day when I have more time I will get me a sidecar rig.

Right now I sometimes camp, occasionally play poker or pool, and rarely (when time and money align) travel - last went to DC with a lady friend of mine it was pretty fun despite that jackass right down the street in the white house. But mostly I just work... paying bills is a pain in the ass and I can't even feel my ass any more.

Read. And fantasize about swing dancing LOL

play pokemon go

I grow bonsai
    I have about fourty trees

really can you send me a few pics.. I like them alot and willing to buy one some day soon...
    life begins when you walk in spirit papito189@gmail.com

How long does it take to grow a bonsai? I have some seeds - I believe for a cherry blossom tree.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I read the politics forum on CC! Lol. No I hunt, farm, raise dogs for hunting, Cant do everything but I still do a lot of what I did before my accident. The one thing I do miss is being on a boat, and off shore fishing.