Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check out this new lift design.

Check out this new lift design.

Check out this new lift design. Small, compact, get off forwards and backwards and below the cargo area.

Notice the driver's seat doesn't swivel but just moves backwards to transfer to your 'chair.

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Looks a little different but I'm not a fan of UVL's.

Almost looks to simple and efficient. Of course it is European. Here in the states some drunk would drive off the end of it and then sue the manufacture for not making it safe enough.
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Looks pretty narrow. Wonder how much camber you could have in your wheels and still use this? Would not work with a power chair I fear.

(KLD)

Mobility companies will make sure we never get our hands on this.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Looks pretty narrow. Wonder how much camber you could have in your wheels and still use this? Would not work with a power chair I fear.

(KLD)
    Why? My power chair is narrower than my manual. Weight should not be an issue, they been making under vehicle lifts that can handle electric chairs. I don't under stand why the van conversion companies haven't embraced the concept of exiting the ramp parallel to the vehicle. It such a space saver. A lot of handicap parking spaces don't provide enough space for rolling off the end of the ramp or lift. I know the law says it should be wide enough but the fact is not all spaces a compliant.

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    Why? My power chair is narrower than my manual. Weight should not be an issue, they been making under vehicle lifts that can handle electric chairs. I don't under stand why the van conversion companies haven't embraced the concept of exiting the ramp parallel to the vehicle. It such a space saver. A lot of handicap parking spaces don't provide enough space for rolling off the end of the ramp or lift. I know the law says it should be wide enough but the fact is not all spaces a compliant.
    Many power chairs have a much wider turning radius that manual chairs.

(KLD)

Another lift no one can afford (yes I'm bitter)

I don't think it's meant for powerchairs. It seems it's factory VW installation which is a good thing. Ground clearance could be an issue.

Bureau of Vocational of Rehabilitation

Quote Originally Posted by FeFiFoFum View Post
    Another lift no one can afford (yes I'm bitter)
    FeFiFoFum did it ever cross your mind to go back to college or university an earn a degree or two to earn a high paying job or salary? Every year, millions of dollars for people with disabilities can go to college or university for FREE. Yes for FREE and not pay it back. Every year millions of those dollars go unspent.

When you have a job the Bureau of Vocational of Rehabilitation in your state will pick up the expenses for vehicle modifications such as lifts, power seat base, hand controls and remote starter so you can have a motor vehicle to keep you employed. If your vehicle needs additional modifications BVR will pick up those expenses too.

I have been informed that type of lift is available in the United States of America.

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."