Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help with hand controls

Unhappy Help with hand controls

I currently have some trouble finding a place to do the driving license and would like to know a price of hand controls i can't find any info or idea and it would help alot.

Im talking about electric hand controls that are on the steering wheel for gas and brake but ive heard its really expensive but I want to know how expensive.

If someone could help or call some place in US i would really appreciate it. thanks alot

Years ago when I first started driving I consider these but I was quoted almost 14k for them and decided to go with the traditional push rock controls and glade I went that way instead

Quote Originally Posted by MasterTenerife View Post
    I currently have some trouble finding a place to do the driving license and would like to know a price of hand controls i can't find any info or idea and it would help alot.

Im talking about electric hand controls that are on the steering wheel for gas and brake but ive heard its really expensive but I want to know how expensive.

If someone could help or call some place in US i would really appreciate it. thanks alot
    Why not just fill out the online form for a quote? You can tell them your disability and what you are looking for exactly.

http://kempf-usa.com/Handcontrols_quotation.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramie630 View Post
    Years ago when I first started driving I consider these but I was quoted almost 14k for them and decided to go with the traditional push rock controls and glade I went that way instead
    Jesus christ 14k that's what the car costs

I've never heard of any hand control that are electronic for braking.

Probably the reason you cannot find a lot of info is that these now have to be installed by a mobility company. Mine came with them when I bought my van off Craig's list. So I just taught myself how to drive again. Really was pretty easy.

Why do you need this type of hand control (Kempf DARIOS) rather than a push-pull system (which is significantly cheaper)?

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    I've never heard of any hand control that are electronic for braking.
    The one he has pictured is a push brake too.

Looking at their website, electronic ring for gas and push brake....no electric brake.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Why do you need this type of hand control (Kempf DARIOS) rather than a push-pull system (which is significantly cheaper)?

(KLD)
    I don't "need" it, but the normal push pull controls seem so alien for me and don't look comfortable at all.

But you can get push-pull controls for less than $500, install them yourself, and be able to drive. We'd all love to drive a Rolls Royce, but a Honda gets you to the same place for a lot less money!

(KLD)