Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Help with hand controls

Have you looked at the menox controls? It mounts on the right side and is a simple forward for brake, pull for throttle setup. I've found 4 or 5 used sets on ebay and craigslist then we just put them in our selves. Here's a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3x9Zfe2MP4
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

There's a set on ebay right now... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carospeed-Me...sAAOSww3tY5AuW
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    if you drove before your injury you don't need a driving school (unless required by law I guess). In rehab my driving training began by the instructor telling me to pull out of the garage into downtown Atlanta rush hour traffic. I guess they figured if we survived that meant I passed. It wasn't difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Are you required to take lessons from a driving instructor or school in order to get licensed to drive with hand controls or have them installed there? This is the case in some states in the USA, but not in others. Many people just find a big empty parking lot and learn to use the controls by themselves. It is not rocket science.

(KLD)
    There are two parts to the test, one theoretical and one practical. Both must be passed for a driver to be considered competent.
    Training for the theory test can be done with a driving school which provides numerous sample exam papers.
    A set number of hours of training must be completed with a driving school.
    The practical test is taken in a driving school (dual control) car and the driving instructor accompanies the examiner and person being tested. The examiner gives instructions in Spanish (or English if it's been arranged in advance) to the driving student.

I only rode motorbikes and was never interested in cars so I didnt have a car license before, the good thing is I do not need to the Theoretical test, so I can go straight to driving.
    Sadly its not as easy as to going to a parking lot for a practice, I need to pay the driving school to be a able to practice and then pay again to be examined by a different person and it can be vert strict and even if you can drive well you could fail for numerous small problems, and then have to reschedule and wait weeks for another try. A lot of bureaucracy with this to get more money here.

I myself already did few practice runs with the car and and I asked to do the exam as fast as possible and now have to wait a month until an official instructor can see if I pass or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    Have you looked at the menox controls? It mounts on the right side and is a simple forward for brake, pull for throttle setup. I've found 4 or 5 used sets on ebay and craigslist then we just put them in our selves. Here's a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3x9Zfe2MP4
    Looks good, ill have to see how legal it is over here in Spain, Europe regulations are very picky many times. It would definitely have to be installed by some official garage and then the car would need to approved by official government inspection.

Thumbs up

Last edited by flying; 04-11-2017 at 06:44 PM.