Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MK Battery issues?

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I think "Roll Positive" posted this because of comments made on this thread: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...orpus-G3/page5
    See Posts 220, 231, 241, 248.
    I thought you said you didnt know a Steve B? Steve Balt....???

FYI Not all DME's understand Permobil chairs support 34s and 24s but the 24s have to be flattops vs standard post.

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    These kinds of questions and discussions should be done by Private Message.
    Last edited by gjnl; 03-18-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    Don't know how this double posted.

Sent Private Message.
    Last edited by gjnl; 03-18-2017 at 07:36 PM.

I've been using MK group 24s for over a decade, always been very happy with them. The last pair I got does perhaps not hold a charge as long. HOWEVER I have not had these batteries for very long, and sometimes there is a break-in period of a few months. So, I'm not sure much can be inferred from my experience.

Just to follow up on my previous post: the break-in period is completed and my MK group 24s seems too work fine now, same as ever. So I have not noticed any quality change.

xsfxsf: Do you have a chair with an odometer? If so any idea what your getting miles wise on a charge? What type of chair are you using?

So I'm currently dealing with battery issues with my F3 and Group 34 batteries. I asked my DME (Numotion) to upgrade to 24's, given my usage. They (Numotion) told me that because I had an ez-lock bracket, the 24's would not fit (they told me they confirmed this with Permobil). In this thread or another, from an EZ-lock rep this was said to be inaccurate. I personally followed up with Permobil, and they also said there should be no issue. I'm ready to order the 24s mysel, and be done with it. The Permobil tech said they use the 24s with a female something or other. Can anyone direct me to this type online?

Also, Numotion told me I would have to be out of the chair for the batteries to be replaced, but Permobil tells me it can be done with me in the chair.

So I'm currently dealing with battery issues with my F3 and Group 34 batteries. I asked my DME (Numotion) to upgrade to 24's, given my usage. They (Numotion) told me that because I had an ez-lock bracket, the 24's would not fit (they told me they confirmed this with Permobil). In this thread or another, from an EZ-lock rep this was said to be inaccurate. I personally followed up with Permobil, and they also said there should be no issue. I'm ready to order the 24s mysel, and be done with it. The Permobil tech said they use the 24s with a female something or other. Can anyone direct me to this type online?

Also, Numotion told me I would have to be out of the chair for the batteries to be replaced, but Permobil tells me it can be done with me in the chair.

I can't speak with authority on this, but I can tell you that my durable medical equipment supplier tech told me the Group 24 batteries used in the Permobil m300 are referred to as "Flat Top." I know you have an F3, but the battery type may be the same. Permobil should be able to tell you the exact MK Battery, by number, that you need for your chair.

Some durable medical equipment suppliers have a policy, they claim is driven by insurance liability, that requires that you are out of the chair for repairs. Once, I encountered a company that would not even allow me into their shop area, instead requiring that I transfer out of the chair in the waiting room. The repair needed wasn't urgent, so I left and went somewhere else. I understand, we don't always have a choice. All that said, the batteries can be changed while you remain in your chair.