Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MK Battery issues?

That is the ez-lock bracket I have installed.

I'd call EZ-Lock and discuss what you were told by your supplier. EZ-Lock: 1-888-952-5625.

My van converter had to shim my Class 24 batteries up from the bottom of the battery box, so the Class 24 batteries are positioned toward the top of the battery box. I would think the Class 34 batteries would have to be shimmed as well. Maybe the EZ-Lock installer believes it is an easier install with Class 34s and prefers that. I don't know. I just think it is an unreasonable restrictive parameter to have to use Class 34s in your chair to make the EZ-Lock install work.

Is this question prompted by problems with MK batteries?

I've just spent 375 pounds ($469 US) on a pair and wont be pleased if they let me down anytime soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru View Post

I've just spent 375 pounds ($469 US) on a pair and wont be pleased if they let me down anytime soon!
    I think "Roll Positive" posted this because of comments made on this thread: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...orpus-G3/page5
    See Posts 220, 231, 241, 248.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru View Post

That's actually a decent price, a pair over here are going for about $500.00.

I am on my second set of mk . The first set lasted around 6 years with no problem. I just got a new pair and they don't hold a charge as good already. I use my chair when working around the yard mowing grass and hauling firewood so I really abuse them and a charge usually lasts a day

I believe East Penn makes MK batteries and they sell them under a different brand. Maybe East Penn. Seen them at battery wholesale. No cheaper than the MK. My DME says they been having a lot of problems with MK batteries not lasting a year. I told him they have a 1 year warranty he says 6 months. I been threw him with this before group 24 The last time I looked 24 were a year. Something is up with the quality some were. Maybe a different vendor, china made, bad materials. Who knows but the Quality is not there. On my new m300 can tell the power is not there like it should be and the bars drop faster. Bought a set for my Invacare about 6 months ago before I got my new chair and there fine. Usually I get from 2 to 3 years without any problems and that's 12 hours a day and the I never turn my chair off on the Invacare. I can tell my new m300 chair with group 24 after about 2 hours don't have the punch and the bar is down one to two bars on the permobil. My invacare with the 6 month batteries never dropped 1 bar. When they do they drop like a rock in no time. But that's on 2 or more year old batteries. Really the battery bar is different on different chairs but you can tell when the battery does not have the punch. And the new MK don't have that punch no more.

Just remembered that was a Deka battery made by East Penn as I believe all deka batteries are made by East Penn. Last I new east penn was made in the USA
    Last edited by Art454; 03-18-2017 at 03:17 AM.
    Art

It's unfortunate that with such a great chair as the F3, that the batteries have been an issue. I'm afraid to go anywhere because of the sudden battery dump. For the first several months I did not have an issue, then all of a sudden...

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    That's actually a decent price, a pair over here are going for about $500.00.
    That makes me feel better over here in the UK we're usually royally screwed when it comes to medical equipment!

The gel batteries would have been about $130 US more.

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    I am with my new F3. The 34's drain almost within minutes
    That was m reason for asking...I have gone through 3 sets of MKs since Dec and charge lights start dropping after just 2-4 miles.

When I got my F3 I could do 17 plus miles and still have green, now I am getting 1/2 on 24s so 34 users would get even less.

Tried different chargers no change. Have 3 of 4 other people having same issues so its looking like a MK issue vs Permobil.

Any way to reset your joystick miles to zero, charge your chair 12 hours then take a picture after each green light goes out?