Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: urine, cut, color and clarity

urine, cut, color and clarity

ok, we know we obsess with our pee when you have sci.
    1. when do you start to worry??
    2. is your pee always prestine and clear?
    3. Do you get cloudy?
    4. Flakes and floaties if held up to the light sometimes?
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Blog Entries
    1. Generally not until I have a fever, or am involuntarily voiding at super low volumes
    2. Rarely pristine and clear, but gets close with lots and lots of water over a couple days
    3. Yes, seems directly related to type and volume of drink
    4. Sometimes, yeah
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

Same as Oddity. I'll only add that if I drink a few light beers its does get ridiculously clear, but floaties and cloudiness are common.

1. When I start retching and shivering.
    2. Only when I'm taking antibiotics.
    3. All the time.
    4. Plenty of flakes and floaties.

Denver, Colorado USA ---- C5/6 Complete 1985
    Same as what others said. I'll add that I start to worry when it smells bad. There's more sediment when I eat dairy, and when the catheter (sp) it older (3+ weeks).
    "The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but thought about it. Be aware of the thoughts you are thinking. Separate them from the situation, which is always neutral. It is as it is."
    --Eckhart Tolle

1. LOTS of crud visible and smell goes "south". I don't get symptoms(fever) until way too late.
    2. Only when drinking alcohol. :-)
    3. Yes, depends on what I drink eat, but should clear up next cath.
    4. Sometimes. Also, when I use a hydrophyllic bag cath, I notice there are floaties created by the slippery stuff.

I currently am on the opposite end of the spectrum, my pee is *always* crystal clear, even when cath'ing at 3am, by then it should be a medium yellow color at least. I had a day surgery to have kidney stone removed ~month ago, went septic and almost killed me. I was in for 5 days, BP tanked, temp 103, yada, yada... 6 litres of saline, 2 units of blood(to offset the anemia from saline), and lots of IV anitibiotics. Since then, I pee'ed like a maniac for a week getting rid of all the fluids(my balls were swollen to tennis ball size), then everything finally went back to normal. Except, my pee is always completely clear. Weird as hell. Sorry for the tangent Fuente.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

thx all.

mcduff, hope u are feeling back to yourself. I had urosepsis first week of January, in hospital 5 days, nasty resistant bug then 2 weeks picc line. this is why I'm so paranoid.

I had a nasty cold and some cloudy pee for a few days then wham woke up with 104 fever and bp through the roof. crazyness
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    thx all.

mcduff, hope u are feeling back to yourself. I had urosepsis first week of January, in hospital 5 days, nasty resistant bug then 2 weeks picc line. this is why I'm so paranoid.

I had a nasty cold and some cloudy pee for a few days then wham woke up with 104 fever and bp through the roof. crazyness
    I had urosepsis a year ago on 13th April, night before I'd felt fine and then within 15min. I was shaking, shivering and puking, went to bed and next morning no urine in night bag (kidneys had shut down).

Then followed 10 fun filled days in the intensive care unit.

What really frightened me was the speed that it happened!

dam, its crazy...........
    Quote Originally Posted by Timaru View Post
    I had urosepsis a year ago on 13th April, night before I'd felt fine and then within 15min. I was shaking, shivering and puking, went to bed and next morning no urine in night bag (kidneys had shut down).

Then followed 10 fun filled days in the intensive care unit.

What really frightened me was the speed that it happened!
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Sepsis is scary as you all have said. Unfortunately, there is no way to predict who or when or if you will get it. The best you can do is to take care of yourself and try not to go out on the edge too often.
    ckf