After 35 years of wearing essentially the same type of lumbo/sacral support, the types I've used are becoming more difficult to come by.

I've worn a soft support, often referred to as a corset. It helps with breathing, stabilizing a long torso, and blood pressure. These kinds of supports are not being manufactured as much as they used to be and are being replaced by more rigid lumbo/sacral supports that are mostly used for short term recovery from back injury or strain. Rigid supports won't work for those of us who are spinal cord injured and permanently seated because of pressure problems.

Custom lumbo/sacral supports are an option, but can take up to 6 months to be fabricated and sent to the orthotist (or a prosthetist is a professional specifically educated and trained to make and fit orthoses and prostheses and manage comprehensive orthotic and/or prosthetic patient care). These and any other supports require body measurements. Getting body measurements means lying down on a flat surface to be measured. The orthotist's office doesn't have adjustable exam tables, so I can't transfer to the tables at their office. They, as an accommodation, are coming to my house to get these measurements and fit supports they can find.

I'll post more on this process as it unfolds. I know there are many of you who use these types of supports and may be having as much difficulty as I am having.