Thread: Screen size and monitor settings

Blog Entries

Screen size and monitor settings

My monitor is from 2013 and maybe 21 inches? It is more square than widescreen dimensions. I forgot had a second one in the other room and got a new second monitor that came in widescreen dimensions and change the view on my original monitor ? ? put the invisible part in widescreen dimensions with black bars on top and bottom of the screen. My students have replaced the widescreen monitor with the other more square one has the second monitor, and the view on it is normal. But my original big monitor shows in widescreen dimensions with dead space above and below.

I?ve tried was seem the logical monitor set up settings, but nothing seems to work. Has anyone any advice for fixing it?

What operating system? You just need to change the resolution of the non-widescreen monitor to match its native resolution. If you're using them simultaneously then make sure your not mirroring the displays since that requires both monitors to run at the same resolution.
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

Blog Entries
    Thank you. I admit I'm not sure how to do that. How do I learn the native resolution? I have one monitor working correctly.

I am back using Windows 7. I went to control panel – display – and the resolution button is grayed out. Can anyone remind me how to do a screenshot?

If you are on the desktop, can you right click on the background? What do you see then?

As for screen shot? Do you mean capture a pic of what is on your screen? On my laptop, there is a key on the lower left that has "Fn" in blue, and then on the upper right the "Fnn" buttons may have blue writing on them also. One is "Prnt Scrn". Press and hold the Fn button and then the Prnt Scrn button. Start up MS-Paint, and Paste. Save as whatever file type you want and name.

Hope this helps.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.