Thread: Handcycle Mirror?

Handcycle Mirror?

All posts I could find about this are 5-6 years old. I'm looking for a mirror that will attach to the footrest bars that won't move around when hitting bumps in the road (don't want ones that attach to glasses/helmet). If the only option is one that slides into the end of a handlebar, I could put it into a piece of tubing but am not sure where to find a clamp that I could attach it with (like a brake clamp for a wheelchair)? If that makes sense...

I use a Blackburn bar end mirror. It's the best as it can be tightened down and no vibration at all. I have a double clamp, like a brake clamp, with one end attached to the footrest and other on a bar that the mirror slides onto. A person could also use radiator clamps to hold the bar.

I've used this system since the late '70's on my bikes.

What type of handcycle are you using? Every footrest mounted one I have tried I couldn't visually focus on very well. The road vibrations shook it just enough that I couldn't get an easy sight. I have one attached to the top of the crank on my Force X. It is shaped similar to this one: (https://www.campmor.com/c/blackburn-...FcKEswod78cHdw)

I'm not sure if I have the exact same model, but that's the shape of mine, with it placed in a vertical position.

Here's mine folded in. You really have to tighten it down to stop any vibration. I don't have mine vertical but is horizontal. I'm riding a Feedom Ryder FRH-1 but have used them on all my 14 plus Top Ends and custom H/C since the late '70's.

The Top Ends had seat rails so I attached them there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Patrick Madsen; 03-13-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks for the replies, I have a frh-1 like Patrick (same color too I like the way you have yours setup. I'm having a hard time finding a double (brake) clamp that isn't $50+. Can these be found anywhere reasonably priced? Would probably be cheaper if I could find one that isn't made for a wheelchair.