Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would someone be able to identify this allen bolt/screw?

Hi, thankyou to everyone who replied and sorry I'm late getting back to you. I did have a look myself on Andy's suggestion and I thought the same as Chasmengr. Being in the UK and used to metric I'd never heard of 10-32 but I did some googling and apparently the 10 is the diameter in imperial? I don't know if that would equate to 1/10th of an inch? The 32 is the bolts TPI, but I expect you guys knew both anyway. I found some on eBay UK and they're cheap http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291541908946?var=590599652604, I will buy a few which will equate to 2-3 dollars I would imagine, so not too bad.

yep, 10-32 is an ubiquitous size in the inch-pound realm as is 10-24. Same diameter fasteners with fine and coarse threads, respectively.

McMaster-Carr is an online supply store with both metric and IP fasteners. Perusing it might be educational.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

No doubt McMaster will have them, but they're not going to sell you one screw, you'll have to buy a quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    yep, 10-32 is an ubiquitous size in the inch-pound realm as is 10-24. Same diameter fasteners with fine and coarse threads, respectively.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Bwahahaha. From recent and past accounts, you would be lucky if they bothered talking to you. Standard canned response of "talk to your DME provider". Then if you did manage to get an order in for that screw...it would be $45.00/ea.

Alternately...check out www.mcmaster.com for all your fastener needs.
    Yeah, I paid Tilite about $30 for some screws in an envelope, just a few. If you can find the replacement at a hardware store I definitely would go that way.

I believe most of the Ti hardware is titanium if the frame is also.
    That hasn't stopped me using grade 5 steel fasteners when they fall out!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Looking at the diagram you posted, you should have a matching bolt on the other side. You could either try and measure the other bolt insitu or remove it and measure or take to a hardware shop. Some shops have templates which you can use to determine size, thread pitch, and length.

Also, there is Fastenal, which looks like has a European distribution, which can get you any bolt, and any number you want. And they will be quality.

https://www.fastenal.com/en/1145/united-kingdom

Also, I suggest you get at least one spare.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

I got some bolts! I bought them from ebay for ?1 incl free del. Probably equivalent to $1.50 USD incl free shipping.

The new bolt is on the left, a matching Tilite bolt (from other side of chair) is on the right.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Night_Owl; 03-15-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Yeah!!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Yeah!!
    Thanks, although I forgot to buy some spring/star shakeproof washers! I've kinked a normal washer and screwed down on that for the moment, but I will get some small shakeproof washers otherwise I'll be losing the new bolt/s.