Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting a coffee cart made out of a horse box

Question Getting a coffee cart made out of a horse box

I have always wanted to be a barista but I'm guessing my wheelchair is going to be a major barrier.

So my next thought was converting a horse box into a coffee cart. Is this realistic? Dad's like wait until you get plans drawn up and I'm like the rules and regulations in my wheelchair will be different NZ 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by cyfskid View Post
    I have always wanted to be a barista but I'm guessing my wheelchair is going to be a major barrier.

So my next thought was converting a horse box into a coffee cart. Is this realistic? Dad's like wait until you get plans drawn up and I'm like the rules and regulations in my wheelchair will be different NZ 10 years

ok I have been around horses my whole life what is a horse box?

I wanted to this one so badly!!! Do something enjoyable after more than a decade at 911.

Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    I think he means what we would call in the States a horse trailer.

(KLD)

Yes, it is absolutely doable. Once upon a time I saw a youtube video of a guy who was living out of his volkswagen bus which he'd also converted into a mobile coffee shop.

While less helpful with the nitty gritty details of how to do what you want to do, it demonstrates how little space is actually needed.

Also, just google "coffee truck" or "mobile coffee shop" and you'll find tons of examples. I think this is a brilliant idea. If you've got the money to build one to your specifications, the entrepreneurial spirit and a reasonable expectation of financial success I say you go for it.

Small businesses are inherently risky, but even if you fail you will learn so much that will be valuable for your next venture!

In SF people make big bucks off of food trucks. Outside my office there is a Chia tea cart on the sidewalk by the BART exit that seems to do well and could be operated by someone in a wheelchair. My guess is that finding a good location (and in Kalifornia the associated permits) and you could make excellent money.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    In SF people make big bucks off of food trucks. Outside my office there is a Chia tea cart on the sidewalk by the BART exit that seems to do well and could be operated by someone in a wheelchair. My guess is that finding a good location (and in Kalifornia the associated permits) and you could make excellent money.
    I agree with this and think it's a super idea. I wanted to do a food truck once upon a time, but i found myself another gig.

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    http://nathantrailers.com.au/horse-f...e-horse-float/

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    While less helpful with the nitty gritty details of how to do what you want to do, it demonstrates how little space is actually needed.

Also, just google "coffee truck" or "mobile coffee shop" and you'll find tons of examples. I think this is a brilliant idea. If you've got the money to build one to your specifications, the entrepreneurial spirit and a reasonable expectation of financial success I say you go for it.

Small businesses are inherently risky, but even if you fail you will learn so much that will be valuable for your next venture!

I love this guys attitude

Got into a cafe skills program today, so at the moment I'm shelving the though coffee cart idea, but it will definitely be in back of my head