Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: Waiting for a new wheelchair is worse than Christmas as a child

  1. #1

    Waiting for a new wheelchair is worse than Christmas as a child

    Guys! I'm losing it! I'm already impatient enough (If a package is coming I'm obsessively refreshing the tracking page and checking everything) I paid for my chair and they ordered it. Now I'm waiting and ugh trying not to pull my hair out. Right now I'm pretty well stuck on the couch because of issues with my other chair (2nd hand not fit to me and very bad pain) so I'm just ready for my new chair and for getting OFF the couch and out and about again. I just needed somewhere to talk about this and others to help distract me from my madness lol

  2. #2
    Does it have to go to the DME or will it be delivered directly to you? Waiting and watching the progress is fun and frustrating at the same time. I hate it that UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

  3. #3
    It had to be through a DME. But they were good about it and knocked $3,000 off the price when they found out I had to self pay (insurance issues) but I'm just the worst at patience in the world lol.

    I've never had a chair custom fit to me so its really exciting in that way too. This one was I had two PT and OT and a seating specialist extensively measure me and check all the things.

  4. #4
    Do you get to track the chair yourself? Or does the DME just let you know it has shipped and then when it arrives?

    Congrats on your new chair! I'm going through the process of getting a wheelchair right now, it's very confusing!

  5. #5
    For what chair are you waiting: brand & model?

    Yes, waiting is very frustrating.

    But, when it does arrive, make sure it has been made as ordered . . . Several CCC members (me included) have received chairs that weren't made right. Super, super frustrating (sorry for the reality check) . . .
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

    "I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyFu18 View Post
    Do you get to track the chair yourself? Or does the DME just let you know it has shipped and then when it arrives?

    Congrats on your new chair! I'm going through the process of getting a wheelchair right now, it's very confusing!
    The DME is just keeping me updated through email when stuff ships. They told me they got my cushion today and my chair ships tomorrow out of CA. My softwheels are shipping Friday out of NY. They know how neurotic I am and how big a deal this is because I'm stuck on the couch right now. When it arrives they'll bring it here and then adjust it to my personal specifications and wants.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    For what chair are you waiting: brand & model?

    Yes, waiting is very frustrating.

    But, when it does arrive, make sure it has been made as ordered . . . Several CCC members (me included) have received chairs that weren't made right. Super, super frustrating (sorry for the reality check) . . .
    It's a Quickie 7r with a Jay3 back. They are going to do some adjusting here in my home when they bring it to me. I have pretty severe scoliosis so I can't sit 'back' as easy as other people. That's one reason my current chair causes some issues and no support where I need it (As well as not being appropriate for me in measurements). Here's my current chair. It is a second hand tiLite



    (PLEASE ignore the horrible mess in the background! It's a costume I've been working on painting for a cosplay for a convention in April)

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by FeFiFoFum View Post
    It's a Quickie 7r with a Jay3 back. They are going to do some adjusting here in my home when they bring it to me. I have pretty severe scoliosis so I can't sit 'back' as easy as other people. That's one reason my current chair causes some issues and no support where I need it (As well as not being appropriate for me in measurements). Here's my current chair. It is a second hand tiLite

    (PLEASE ignore the horrible mess in the background! It's a costume I've been working on painting for a cosplay for a convention in April)
    No wonder you're excited

    What mess?
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

    "I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    No wonder you're excited

    What mess?
    Yes I cannot wait!!

    I'm glad no one else sees the mess besides me lol

  10. #10
    I feel the same way waiting for "my baby"! I have 20days to go according to Tilite, and CAN'T WAIT to go as far as my kitchen. ��
    Please keep us updated. Xmas coming early thug year!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-21-2010, 12:22 PM
  2. Doll House Designed for Wheelchair-Bound Child
    By Max in forum Ability & Disability News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2005, 02:59 PM
  3. Wheelchair racer, child in accident
    By Max in forum Ability & Disability News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2003, 03:22 PM
  4. Scrooge Steals Wheelchair, But Not Christmas
    By Max in forum Ability & Disability News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-23-2002, 11:34 AM
  5. Wheelchair-bound man robbed of Christmas
    By Max in forum Ability & Disability News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2002, 07:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •