Thread: Rethinking glial scars~

Rethinking glial scars~

Found a very interesting scientific article published very recently that sci researchers should consider....http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/sp...ntional-wisdom

Thoughts? I'm wondering if this will help with sci regeneration being available more quickly......Jan

very interesting

This article was written a year ago. I'm looking for updates with UCLA and so far I'm not finding any.????

I emailed the contact person and she's sent my message to a researcher. I'll let you know what that person says. May just say that stem cell therapy is what they've had success with....

Email said: Our researcher asked me to pass this along: Injecting Chondroitinase ABC into scars is in experimental stages with no proven benefit. The effects of it in animal experiments are controversial, with the same number of people claiming it does nothing as those who claim it does something.*
    He says that he would strongly advise a member of his family from having injections of it. **

Nothing else. Very disappointing...

There is no human clinical grade Chondroitinase on the market. So far, it's just manufactured as research reagent which is not purified for humans.

Thanks FellowHawk and Grammy for the updates. This is disappointing!!