Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: where to buy 24x1.95 black knobby tires ?

  1. #1

    where to buy 24x1.95 black knobby tires ?

    sportaid has some but they are 2.10 thats to wide for me. i cant find any that are 1.95 and black. or can i just buy some bike tires that are 24x1.95 at walmart?

  2. #2
    Senior Member beecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    wine country in northern california
    Posts
    192
    I have the 24x2 kendas from sportaid, but I cut off the inside and outside rows of knobs
    that made it so's they don't chew my pant legs up, and I can still brake going down hill
    plus pushing on the knobs is like a s*** ton of mini quad pegs
    doesn't matter if it's rain, snow, mud, grass, whatever
    turkey s*** is still way slippery though

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobisMaximus View Post
    sportaid has some but they are 2.10 thats to wide for me. i cant find any that are 1.95 and black. or can i just buy some bike tires that are 24x1.95 at walmart?
    https://www.modernbike.com/kenda-k-r...ack-steel-tire

    https://www.modernbike.com/maxxis-ho...-1.85-bmx-tire

    https://www.modernbike.com/vee-tire-...ing-bead-black

    https://www.modernbike.com/24-inch-tires

  4. #4
    Senior Member djrolling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Salisbury NC
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobisMaximus View Post
    sportaid has some but they are 2.10 thats to wide for me. i cant find any that are 1.95 and black. or can i just buy some bike tires that are 24x1.95 at walmart?
    If your 24" wheelchair tires/wheels are 507 mm then yes you can buy 24 x 1.95 tires from Walmart but if your tires/wheels are 540 mm then the tires from walmart will not fit. If your wheels came with 24 x 1 3/8 tire your wheels are most likely 540 mm. You really need to establish what version of 24" wheel you have.

  5. #5
    i currently have 37-540 tires on my wheels, my 1 3/8 knobby came in today and they are not wide enough, i need at least 1.95 , so is the kenda 2.10 is only black knobby tires available for that size wheel?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by beecee View Post
    plus pushing on the knobs is like a s*** ton of mini quad pegs
    yeah thats what i noticed yesterday, hurts my hands after while.

  7. #7
    I use the bike tires on my outdoor chair, I would check out a bike shop, anything made for a wheelchair is always going to be more expensive.

  8. #8
    Senior Member beecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    wine country in northern california
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobisMaximus View Post
    yeah thats what i noticed yesterday, hurts my hands after while.
    like anything, you get used to it

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavender lady View Post
    I use the bike tires on my outdoor chair, I would check out a bike shop, anything made for a wheelchair is always going to be more expensive.
    yeah i'll probably do that

  10. #10
    Senior Member djrolling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Salisbury NC
    Posts
    1,443
    As a rule of thumb if the tire size is listed in decimals 24 x 1.95 that tire is a 507 and would not fit your rim if the tire size is listed fractionally 24 x 1 3/8 that will be a 540 and will fit your rim. it gets to be a toss up when you get to even numbers like 24 x 2. 24 x 2 should be a 540 but you really want to check and see. I ordered 24 x 1 3/8 tires before and they were also marked 520mm so of course they did not fit my rims. it would be great if they just went by the metric size and not inches. one thing about walmart if it does not fit just take it back....

    Quote Originally Posted by NoobisMaximus View Post
    i currently have 37-540 tires on my wheels, my 1 3/8 knobby came in today and they are not wide enough, i need at least 1.95 , so is the kenda 2.10 is only black knobby tires available for that size wheel?

Similar Threads

  1. I need 24x1 520 tires for my FreedomTyder
    By GreenFrog in forum Equipment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-17-2014, 11:13 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2013, 04:38 PM
  3. Knobby tires with emotions?
    By sledgrl in forum Equipment
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-09-2013, 12:13 PM
  4. Black knobby tread power wheelchair tires
    By forestranger52 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 06:55 PM
  5. Knobby Tires
    By BeeBee in forum Equipment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 02:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •