Thread: Describe your pain

Describe your pain

Looking for someone with similar pain, but would love to hear about anyone's! Misery loves company, so to speak.

Since shortly after my SCI (T-5 complete), I have had to deal with pain 24/7. Though my first neuro said that it "usually/should go away after a while", I am still waiting. The best way to describe mine is that someone has placed a leather belt around me right at the T-5 level, tightened it one notch too many and then left it on me. So now when I breath I can feel the belt constricting. Since it was left there, it also leaves a chafing sensation. Movement makes it worse (as you might think a tight belt would). Several times a day it feels like someone is sticking me just to the right of center front and back. This lasts for about a minute. Perhaps once a week, someone finds a way to tighten the belt one more notch for about 10 minutes (this is preceded by a soreness in my teeth). And finally I have a 2 inch wide strip of hypersensitive skin between (and including) my nipples.

This is my pain story (my primary one anyway - I also have shoulder pain, spasticity, "burning" legs, electrical shocks in ankles). What is yours?

The worst for me is the constant burning, especially in my a$$. It's always there, even while standing in my standing frame. For me, staying busy is the only way that works to suppress it.

Washington DC area--------------------T3 complete
    T3 complete - always feel like I have a corset on that is two sizes too small, legs that feel like pins and needles, as if asleep, with a running electrical impulse that goes from my feet up to my crotch, topping things off is the constant burning sensation in my lady parts and azz!!! On occasion, I get severe stabbing sensations in my breasts, fortunately that isn't a constant or I'm sure I would go mad. When I have attempted to stand in a stander there is so much pressure in my mid section, I feel like my heart is going to burst out of my chest.