Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Building a lift for an excavator?

Building a lift for an excavator?

Does anyone here know of or have any experience with quads getting into an excavator? I'm interested in finding a blueprint or guide to get into one

I'd say it could be done, but it would be expensive, mainly because of the height of the machine. A Braun Swingaway lift concept would be a good starting point.

Quite a number of pictures and videos found using Google Image of "accessible farm equipment" which might be a good place to start.

(KLD)

Southpaw,
    Regarding "... know of ... quads getting into an excavator?" - yes.

What do you mean by 'excavator'? JCB sells some skidsteers that have a side door which would make getting into them much easier than most skidsteers. Some of their models may use all hand controls, but am not sure about that. Check out youtube for videos.

Aslo - http://www.agrability.org/ for ideas/assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Does anyone here know of or have any experience with quads getting into an excavator? I'm interested in finding a blueprint or guide to get into one
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

In construction terms here's what are excavators: http://www.cat.com/en_US/products/ne...xcavators.html

About 1:10 in he shows a home made rig to get into a truck. Looks a bit on the sketchy side, but if you're planning on hopping in an excavator and doing some construction work, I suspect you've got the same mindset.

If you have a concrete pad to load on try a cherry picker (motor Hoist) I bought one at harbor freight for getting in my buddys boat while its on the trailer. I use it like a hoyer lift its a bit heavy and bulky but gets you up in the air. Be Careful lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    In construction terms here's what are excavators: http://www.cat.com/en_US/products/ne...xcavators.html

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    why not have someone put you in with a different piece of equipment?

Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

What if you could remote the bucket kind of like a roller compactor and have a seat with a frame that you could pick up while your in it. Lift yourself up and transfer into the operator seat??