Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Wrapping Chair?

Vinyl Wrapping Chair?

I don't know if this is the right forum, can someone help me out and move it if it's in the wrong spot please?
    I'm SO SO SO SO excited, I have a PO for my ZRA!!!!
    I opted out of having parts color anodized because the color I really want is gold/rose gold/copper (this Girl needs her biggest accessory to be blinged)! I think others have wrapped their chairs in helicopter tape, is that the same as vinyl wrap but in strips? I want to wrap the black (welds?), the casters (one sided) and the inside of the caster wheels done if pos.
    Has anyone done something similar themselves? Any tips? I've found plenty of car/motor/bike tutorials, but they wrap flat areas and these are curved. I've contacted a local shop that does vinyl, haven't heard back.
    As always, thank you for your expertise!!!
    -IG

Congrats on PO
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Thank you Chasmengr! There are so many people to thank for helping get the final specs on the chair. You,Nmireles,Elarson, and Stephen212 are off the top of my head, but there have been so many more! Southwest broke my Invacare last weekend, they're fixing it, but I'm counting down 20days like a kid at Christmas!
    -IG

Quote Originally Posted by ImpossibleGirl View Post
    Thank you Chasmengr! There are so many people to thank for helping get the final specs on the chair. You,Nmireles,Elarson, and Stephen212 are off the top of my head, but there have been so many more! Southwest broke my Invacare last weekend, they're fixing it, but I'm counting down 20days like a kid at Christmas!
    -IG
    Congratulations! I have done vinyl wrap on a power chair but didnt hold up well. So talked to the guys at Dip your car.com and had great results.

https://www.dipyourcar.com/?gclid=Cj...8vDRoC8zvw_wcB

The parts you see as neon green use to be black.

My chair was carbon fiber black and we changed it to Monster Energy green!

Nice thing about "Dip" is when your done it peels right off for another color change or back to the original.

Very durable because I fly a lot and lasted a year plus and just retouched it up last week.

Cost is about $12 a can took one can possibly 2

Eastwood sells a similar product: http://www.eastwood.com/clearance.html

Ooohhh I love that paint!! It looks a lot simpler than wrap and fits my criteria of not damaging the base because I don't know if painting voids the warranty.
    -IG

One thing to remember about plasti-dip is putting it on in thick layers makes it alot easier to peel off. I've used it on cars before and when I apply it too thin, just misted on, it's a nightmare to get off.

This might be a good protectant for those who drag manual chairs into their cars. Many of my friends have cars that are relatively pristine apart from the hundreds of scratches in the paint below and immediately behind the car doors. I don't know how its durability would compare to helicopter tape.

impossible check out facebook girls name is gina Schuh. She just had her chair wrapped , she's also in AZ. She has pics on her page.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpossibleGirl View Post
    Ooohhh I love that paint!! It looks a lot simpler than wrap and fits my criteria of not damaging the base because I don't know if painting voids the warranty.
    -IG
    Doesn't void the warrenty and even protects your original paint from road wear..

Agree thicker is better try a few cans...when you get bored try a new color change!