Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quickie 2HP - Whats it worth?

Quickie 2HP - Whats it worth?

Thinking about getting a cheap manual chair for nice days when I feel energetic. Something I can use going out with friends that have cars instead of ramp vans.

What is an old HP2 like this worth? Thinking under a $100...

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/hab/6018443551.html

Not excited about the fixed angle footrest, non folding back, outdated armrest. Are there any positives? Is this a big mistake?

Thxs.
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

I'm in Seattle and have shopped Craigslist since wheelchairs became a way of life about 6 years ago. In our market that chair gets offered at 100 to 200 dollars. Years ago I bought an older version Quickie 2 for 200 and a few months ago I picked up the 2HP for 100, however it was missing the seat. The seat was a two part thingy and only the support part was available. But the footrests and brakes got my attention if it turned out to be a bust, which it was. Comparing the two chairs, the older Quickie 2 is a superior chair in my opinion. However the 2HP should work fine. If you can get it at a decent price, toss the arm rests, don't worry about the non folding back. The whole chair folds instead.

BTW, my 2HP *has* fully adjustable angle footrests, but they are metal and the heel straps are missing.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

That guy has a second ad up for a Quickie LXI. I know not about them, but they look similiar to the others and his current price is 150.
    https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/hab/6018431194.html
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Am curious about your footrest setup. Would be nice to tuck the feet underneath as much as possible with hitting the casters. Probably ditch the heel straps in favor of a strap behind the calf. Sounds like I'm in the ball park on price.

Other questions:
    What is the frame made of...can it be easily welded or brazed?
    Can the camber be adjusted?

Thxs
    ps. good to meet another Washingtonian
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    That guy has a second ad up for a Quickie LXI. I know not about them, but they look similiar to the others and his current price is 150.
    https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/hab/6018431194.html
    Yeah I saw that one but the color put me off right away. Am not usually vain but that is horrid...lol. Thinking you like this model better as you posted about it?
    T5/6 complete

Quote Originally Posted by Rook98006 View Post
    Yeah I saw that one but the color put me off right away. Am not usually vain but that is horrid...lol. Thinking you like this model better as you posted about it?
    The color is in your face, but if you've got time, it can be painted. I would not bother. Anyway I don't know why they came out with this model except it has an adjustable backrest. It looks like a Q2 to me, but I've only seen a few pictures today.

Am curious about your footrest setup. Would be nice to tuck the feet underneath as much as possible with hitting the casters. Probably ditch the heel straps in favor of a strap behind the calf. Sounds like I'm in the ball park on price.
    Other questions:
    What is the frame made of...can it be easily welded or brazed?
    Can the camber be adjusted?
    Thxs ps. good to meet another Washingtonian
    Yes we are "other" Washingtonians. Taking your comments/questions in order. My adjustable footrest allows for height (of course) and ankle angle. But not knee bend to get feet under chair. Wait a minute!! I bet they do. If you swapped footplate sides and turned them around, then tilted them. I think they were set up that way when I got it and I could not use them on my other chair. It took quite a bit of time unpuzzling them to work for me. I took them apart and put them back together several times before they made sense.

The frames are aluminum so whatever needs to be done can be done by someone experienced with welding aluminum. One caution is that a slight bend may occur in the process. I had a rigidizer bar modified and the resulting frame members where he attached to slightly bent. It caused no overall damage. Maybe it was the titanium one that bent, heck maybe both did, wasn't a problem since they were not in an alignment areas.

Camber is easily adjusted on the 2HP and Q2. I haven't seen if the LXI is setup like them, see image 5/8 of the Craigs 2HP ad. When adding camber, one has to be sure toe in/out stays reasonable or compensate for it.

Woke up with three days stink on me and a hell of an attitude. Offered to buy both. Might need to start drinking early today. Thxs for the help!
    T5/6 complete

Woke up with three days stink on me and a hell of an attitude. Offered to buy both. Might need to start drinking early today. Thxs for the help!
    OMG, you are as sick as I am. I hope you realize that the 2HP for sale on Craigs probably does not have the adjustable footrest option, but maybe we could work out a trade.

Yeah takes one to know one I have wasted more money on less important things. They have not responded so the footrest might be moot at this point.
    T5/6 complete