Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick release push handles!!

Quick release push handles!!

I just found these on a Colours wheelchair website and this is the idea I've been looking for as I want a very low backrest but don't want to give up the freedom of getting up stairs occassionally with help. Does anyone have quick release or easily detachable (without tools) push handles? I'm wondering if these would fit on a Tilite rigidizer bar? Oh, I hope so!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quickie back canes are available with foldable handles. I have them on my Top End Terminator. The handles fold down against the vertical backrest support completely out of the way. There are no removeable parts to loose.

These bolt-on ones should work with a Tilite:

http://www.sportaid.com/quickie-bolt...Mk4aAnbu8P8HAQ

Depending on which model Tilite you have, here are the ones they offer:

http://estore.tilite.com/ecommerce/C...y.aspx?CID=570

SB8 Bolt-On Push Handles

(KLD)

I want ones that are easily detachable, like these quick release because I want to get a low backrest, about 5-6" and i don't want them sticking up higher than my backrest. Also, at the same time when I need help up stairs the push handles need to be high enough so the person doesn't have to lean way over. This way I can put them on only when needed I'm thinking.

If the diameter of the rigidizer bars are similar in size, they should work.

Can't they just use the rigidizer bar to pull you up? That's what I've had done in the past. I'm not a fan of the mentality of building a chair around something to make easier for someone else. Of the course this is just my opinion, and you should do what you want, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Good luck.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Height-adjustable push handles as from TiLite and Melrose are quick-release, leaving just the large ugly clamps behind on your rigidizer bar. I'm not sure that technically you should ever be lifted or pulled up stairs by ANY kind of push handle because they are all attached to the back in some way rather than being part of it.

does anyone know size of...

I am looking at quick release push handles to p ut on my Ti lite ZR but I only found them with the colours wheelchair. The rigidizer bar they bolt onto looks the same size as the Ti lite's, but I don't know how to find out for sure. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by QTiPi View Post
    Height-adjustable push handles as from TiLite and Melrose are quick-release, leaving just the large ugly clamps behind on your rigidizer bar. I'm not sure that technically you should ever be lifted or pulled up stairs by ANY kind of push handle because they are all attached to the back in some way rather than being part of it.
    I can't find an image on the internet which shows clearly what clamp exactly is left behind on the TiLite and the quick release push handle. The parts diagram from Tilite shows a detailed drawing of the parts but i can't tell what stays on the chair exactly. The photo of the Colours push handle doesn't seem too big.

Call Tilite and Colours. Ask them the diameter of the bar.