I am c6 quadriplegic since May 2010. I currently have a suprapubic catheter or don't really want the independence of being able to cast on my own without having to worry about what clothes I'm wearing. I've also been told that having a suprapubic catheter or can cause cancer and that cathing with my trough and of I currently have a suprapubic catheter or don't really want the independence of being able to cast on my own without having to worry about what clothes I'm wearing. I've also been told that having a suprapubic catheter or can cause cancer and that cathing through mitrofanoff will lessen that risk.

I've been a quad it for almost 7 years and have not had a single serious issue. No pressure sores, no infections, no getting sick, no broken bones. I came on this iMessage board to read up on other people's experiences and all it did was scare me even more. Some people on here say that all of their health issues now are related to that while others say they constantly have bowel issues even years later. My doctor suggested putting a fling in to prevent me from leaking from the bottom, but now I'm scared I won't be able to cath one night and my bladder is going to explode. Apparently with the sling you can't cast from your urethra so really there's no second option if I get clogged

I'm also worried about being able to press on my stomach when I want to. I do it all the time because my blood pressure gets low so it just feels really good. Well I at least be able to do that when at all heals?

My daughters second birthday is three weeks after the surgery. Am I going to even be able to participate? Like, how out for the count and I going to be?

I also take back the fan and gabapentin which I just learned I will not be able to take around my surgery. Will they help me with the pain?

I'm begging for some help and advice that I can make the best decision for myself