Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking at buying another chair.

Looking at buying another chair.

My current chair is a Tilite 2GX and it suits me as far as accessing the car and daily running. It is light and easily handled.
    I am wanting to venture further than the limitations my current chair offers. Sealed pavement are nice but over grass and trails appeals once in a while. Something fixed frame that will allow hooking up to one of those free wheel set ups is needed. So with that in mind I am currently looking at an Aero T that is available locally.
    Well, from the images supplied it looks to be an Aero T.
    Has the AeroT been around for a while or is it a recent evolution in chair design?
    What is the feedback on this model, pros and cons?
    As with others, if I had the readies then my options would be greater. This chair is used and I can buy for what I think is reasonable money. I can live with the dent in my finances if it allows me more freedom of pursuits.
    Thanks all.
    Last edited by slow_runner; 02-24-2017 at 11:23 AM.

The Aero T should work with the Free wheel. I'd try to get something with camber in the wheels for stability off road and some fatter tires. You can get an adapter for the folder to use the Freewheel.
    I use an old Quickie with 2 1/2 in wide rears and 8 inch front. Got it for $100 and put the big rear and front tires on. Lots on camber too.

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    The Aero T should work with the Free wheel. I'd try to get something with camber in the wheels for stability off road and some fatter tires. You can get an adapter for the folder to use the Freewheel.
    I use an old Quickie with 2 1/2 in wide rears and 8 inch front. Got it for $100 and put the big rear and front tires on. Lots on camber too.
    Thanks baldfatdad.
    After posting I came upon the link to the Free Wheel for folders.
    I am not convinced that option would be good for my chair; I imagine that there would be a reasonable load at those securing points.??
    My opinion is totally unsubstantiated at this point
    I am happy to hear opinions to the contrary though

You should watch a rigid chair chair flex with the Freewheel on it.

You should watch a rigid chair chair flex with the Freewheel on it.
    What flexes? What chair?
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    What flexes? What chair?

The foot rest, where the freewheel attaches. Don't know if anyone has had a failure from it, but it looks a little spooky. Seen it on an A4 and Tilite (don't know which one, they have so many variations)

I have many, many happy customers using TiLite chairs including the Aero T and X chairs and A4 chairs. Chairs do flex when loaded, however it's not been a problem. Mine does and I've been pounding it for over seven years! Also, the adaptor for use with folding chairs works well with FreeWheels and offers folding chair users much added mobility. It's been carefully engineered and the attachment points are up to the challenge.

Pat

The foot rest, where the freewheel attaches. Don't know if anyone has had a failure from it, but it looks a little spooky. Seen it on an A4 and Tilite (don't know which one, they have so many variations)
    I have used a freewheel with an Icon, TlLite ZRA Series 2 and a TiLite TR3. I have a ZX-1 that I use with the ZRA and freewheel to go "offroad" to garden. I can't imagine putting more stress on the chair or freewheel than pushing it with a ZX1 over my lawn (which is far from a putting green). Never had any problems w/ flex.

I've had an Aero T for a couple of years now, I like it. I opted for the Aero T over the Aero Z because I need a longer frame and I felt the dual tube design would be more rigid? I don't know if that's the case but mine rolls well and hasn't broken yet (fingers crossed!).

Yep. Happened with my ZRA, and it just happened this weekend on my ZR. I think it was weakened some by a tech that banged on my casters for hours a couple months ago, but I have noticed a lot of flex, and it eventually snaps. Not a cheap part to replace