Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoulder Positioning Support System for shoulder pain

Denver, Colorado USA ---- C5/6 Complete 1985
    Quote Originally Posted by Yor View Post
    From what I can tell it seems like the best option, especially when you factor in the price. It worked very well for me for at least a year. Now there's the problem of where to get another one?So from one Quad to another one I definitely recommend at least trying one for side sleeping, if you can find one. -Paul
    Paul, I did find your shoulder support system (at the above Amazon link) so you should be able to get one. Here's another link:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012YDAN5C...et_detail_page
    I did buy it, but I just returned it because it was too tall for me, and made me feel like I was sitting up in bed. I bought the "medium" firmness version. The link above is for the "firm" version. I don't know which version you had, but maybe the "firm" version wouldn't get flattened after only one year of use.

I just bought the following wedge because it splits in the middle and I can use only the bottom half, so it isn't too tall for me. It is very soft so I don't recommend it for you Paul. But I will start using it tonight and hope it will relieve some of the shoulder pressure (pain) when sleeping on my side (with my shoulder just above the top of the wedge). Also, it's only $37 versus $150 for the above product. And I should be able to slice the bigger piece into 2 more wedges to use for replacements.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but thought about it. Be aware of the thoughts you are thinking. Separate them from the situation, which is always neutral. It is as it is."
    --Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMonte View Post
    Anyone with shoulder pain should look into this clinical study. My shoulders are shot and I get cortisone shots every three months to sleep at night. I had this procedure done with Lipo Gems on my right shoulder. It feels bran new and it is priceless. check it out.
    They are recruiting again for this study. It is on clinicaltrials.gov. Here is the information.
    ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03167138
    Recruitment Status : Recruiting First Posted : May 25, 2017
    Last Update Posted : August 21, 2017
    See Contacts and Locations

Thanks! I just contacted them about this, which is timely! My right shoulder is running wild lately.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

There is another pillow option, even more expensive but might be worth considering. It's called 'MedCline'.

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyL View Post
    There is another pillow option, even more expensive but might be worth considering. It's called 'MedCline'.
    Listed above already in response #8.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Yor View Post
    So sorry! I didn't get notified of replies although I swear I remember setting it to do that.
    -Paul
    That feature has not worked on our forums for many years. Hopefully once we transition to the new software and server (soon) it will work. Best to check back on the forums every few days for responses to your posts meanwhile.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.