Thread: Shoulder Positioning Support System for shoulder pain

Shoulder Positioning Support System for shoulder pain

Hello,

I stumbled onto something recently that has really been making a big difference for me over the last few weeks. I'm a C-4 ? C-5 quadriplegic since 1985 and over the last couple of years I've slowly, but gradually have been dealing with increasing shoulder pain when sleeping. It eventually got bad enough to where I couldn't sleep on either shoulder and had to sleep on my back which I find to be nearly impossible for me to get a good nights sleep on.

Then I stumbled onto this Shoulder Positioning Support System on Amazon and it's making a huge difference for me. It's pretty self-explanatory when you look at its product page, which is complete with pictures. I've been able to sleep on both sides with it and as long as I'm positioned correctly on it my shoulders don't get hurt. I'm now consistently getting decent sleep more than I have in a long time. It's really refreshing not being afraid to get in my bed to go to sleep at night.

So I just thought I would share this discovery in case it might be useful to anybody else. Here's a link to the product page.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Paul
    C4-C5 Quad since 9/15/85

This does look interesting as I've been dealing with nocturnal shoulder pain for a long time. One of the immediate benefits I see is that when lying on the side with the bad shoulder the tapered wedge supporting the upper body elevates the area immediately below the shoulder joint and kind of suspends it in the molded trough, alleviating the weight on the point of the shoulder which is a notorious point for rotator cuff irritation.